Iowa Hoops Gets Creighton in Gavitt Games

I felt those schools would really struggle with the TV money that the bigger schools will get. But we aren't there yet. Like, this new TV deal isn't in place yet that is going to net almost every B1G team close to a 100 million a year. Meanwhile Creighton is flying commercial to a lot of games. Good luck with that
You are really a bit too fixated on Creighton's flight status. :) I get that you have seen them in Eppley waiting for a commercial flight, but that fact is not worth three mentions in one thread.

NIL has nothing to do with TV money. TV money boosts the athletic departments as a whole, but none of that money goes to NIL collectives. Creighton's TV deal through the Big East is plenty good, especially compared to the Missouri Valley deal.

I agree with the point that focusing all NIL money on just basketball will help the Big East and Gonzagas of the world in keeping up with, and maybe winning the arms race. That said, the P5 schools have much bigger fan bases.

You are really a bit too fixated on Creighton's flight status. :) I get that you have seen them in Eppley waiting for a commercial flight, but that fact is not worth three mentions in one thread.

NIL has nothing to do with TV money. TV money boosts the athletic departments as a whole, but none of that money goes to NIL collectives. Creighton's TV deal through the Big East is plenty good, especially compared to the Missouri Valley deal.

I agree with the point that focusing all NIL money on just basketball will help the Big East and Gonzagas of the world in keeping up with, and maybe winning the arms race. That said, the P5 schools have much bigger fan bases.
I’m fixated on it because it’s not something you see and it’s telling. I know how NIL and TV deals work, I just assumed that would just increase the “have and have nots” pretty quickly. It hasn’t so far imo, some of these small basketball schools seem to be thriving. I’m curious if that bares out the next decade and the distance between the power 2 and the rest separates.

I don’t think any of the non football schools are going to be able to keep up facility wise. I pointed out the commercial aspect as you can see that they are a major college basketball program on an extremely tight budget. That’s not great optics to kids coming to your program. If you’re a kid, they’re all flying to games in private jets.

I’ll bring it up a 4th, Creighton flies commercial lol

Latest posts