Iowa High School Players

CRwrestling

Ebertowski has a half with 5 tds on 8 carries and almost 250 yards.
Carr carries the ball 30 to 40 times a game and plays every snap at db.
Garman last week gets a gash on his face requiring stitches and plays through it.

Heard from a Kennedy player that French has been taken off the offensive depth chart, and missed last weeks game against ICWest with a cut on his arm. No stitches, no muscle damage, no bone bruise. A cut on his arm.

If French wants to come be a project I still think kf could work with him. But what more can Ebertowski and Carr do get looked at by Iowa?

Ebertowski has a half with 5 tds on 8 carries and almost 250 yards.
Carr carries the ball 30 to 40 times a game and plays every snap at db.
Garman last week gets a gash on his face requiring stitches and plays through it.

Heard from a Kennedy player that French has been taken off the offensive depth chart, and missed last weeks game against ICWest with a cut on his arm. No stitches, no muscle damage, no bone bruise. A cut on his arm.

If French wants to come be a project I still think kf could work with him. But what more can Ebertowski and Carr do get looked at by Iowa?
Alex Carr did play an amazing game against Linn Mar. He had 49 carries (!) for 289 yards and played defense as well. Even though I have a rooting interest in Linn Mar, the kid is a great football player. I also think he may have been down on the last fumble that ended the game. No one can deny the effort Carr put into that game.

It was interesting to see a webcast (IowaPrepSports.com Blog Archive Webcast: Alex Carr, Jer Garman sit down with Jeff Linder) last week with Carr and Garman where both mentioned Iowa State as a school interested in them, but not Iowa. They both mentioned smaller schools like UNI and such. Both of these kids are great athletes despite being small in stature.

Carr's biggest problem is his size. I think he's closer to 5"7 than 5"9. Not sure he's big enough to play RB or DB on the BigTen level (yes, I know Fred Russell was 5"7). He'd probably be best suited playing WR but Iowa has been going after bigger WR's (with the exception of Byrd) the last few years. If he's patient and Iowa misses out on some others I could see him getting an offer. I just don't think he's at the top of their list at RB/WR/D right now. As far as Garman goes, he's an incredibly productive HS running back, has about the same size as Carr but isn't as fast. I believe his Dad said he was looking at UNI and one of the Illinois schools (Southern or Western).

Wash doesnt really play many good defences... all they do is give the ball to carr. if they played a good defence he wouldnt do as good.

Wash doesnt really play many good defences... all they do is give the ball to carr. if they played a good defence he wouldnt do as good.
Carr had 198 yards on 33 carries against City High (in a 31-0 loss). Is City High's defense good? Linn Mar will find out this weekend in a matchup of two 7-0 teams.

1 run for 76 yards
9 catches for 106 yards
46 tackles
7 tackles for loss

Here are the Army All-American stats thus far into the season that have people drooling. That one run was against Dub. Senior. His coaches tried to construct ways to get the ball to him.

Here are the Army All-American stats thus far into the season that have people drooling.

College coaches are not "drooling" over his stats. It is French's size and speed that have coaches wanting his services. He is 6'4" 230lb, runs a 4.34 40-yard dash and ran a sub 11 second 100 meters this spring (in his first year going out for track). Christian has only played 3 years of football. He is a green project, but with his size and speed, coaches see much potential.

1 run for 76 yards
9 catches for 106 yards
46 tackles
7 tackles for loss

Here are the Army All-American stats thus far into the season that have people drooling. That one run was against Dub. Senior. His coaches tried to construct ways to get the ball to him.

What are you hoping to accomplish with this thread?

What are you hoping to accomplish with this thread?

This is a thread about recruits on a recruiting message board. People who read this message board are curious about who we are recruiting. I posted a Hawkeye recruit's senior season stats. So, what do I hope to accomplish: give information about a recruit to people who are interested in who the Hawkeyes are recruiting.

Cedar Falls has two players that will get some big offers both are juniors this year James Harrington and Barkley Hill. Harrington might play college basketball instead though.

Cedar Falls has two players that will get some big offers both are juniors this year James Harrington and Barkley Hill. Harrington might play college basketball instead though.

Unfortunately, with the current divisions in the MVC, I have not had many opportunities to see these two kids play. I have heard that they are great football players. Is Coach Farley's son still there, or did he graduate last year?

Have seen Harrington play BB. He is a player.

HS statistics alone do not get you a scholarship. I believe Iowa is evaluating Carr and Ebertowski but has not offered them scholarship. Carr's size is an issue. If Kirk offered him a RB scholarship, he would be roasted by MANY posters on this board. WR or DB may be possibilities.
Ebertowski may have off-field issues but I believe he is being evaluated by Iowa.

LOTS of Iowa high school players are putting up some very good stats every week so Carr and Ebertowski not alone in not being offered after very good games.

Unfortunately, with the current divisions in the MVC, I have not had many opportunities to see these two kids play. I have heard that they are great football players. Is Coach Farley's son still there, or did he graduate last year?

Have seen Harrington play BB. He is a player.

Jake Farley graduated last year, but I beleive he has another son who is a freshman. Harrington and Hill are really good players.

Eventually the biggest prize in that program will be the freshman starter at offensive tackle, Pierschbacher. It's pretty rare to have a freshman start in that conference, let alone on the line, and on one of the best teams in the state.

Eventually the biggest prize in that program will be the freshman starter at offensive tackle, Pierschbacher. It's pretty rare to have a freshman start in that conference, let alone on the line, and on one of the best teams in the state.

A freshman starting on the OL for Cedar Falls is impressive. I know the CR Jefferson had a freshman starting on the OL, but that may have been more that he was the biggest kid on their entire team.

A freshman starting on the OL for Cedar Falls is impressive. I know the CR Jefferson had a freshman starting on the OL, but that may have been more that he was the biggest kid on their entire team.

LMAO. the kid has some potential, watched him a few weeks ago. hes huge although he goes to Jefferson and that program has been terrible for years... hopefully he gets some decent coaching

Latest posts