Iowa Hawkeyes Game Worn Jerseys / Helmets - What do you own?

I'm a big Pittsburgh Penguins fan and my best friend is a huge Hawkeyes fan. When we met back in 2010, I hated (and still do) the Nebraska Cornhuskers and their fans, he loved the Hawks and Nebraska had just joined the Big Ten.

We watched our first Nebraska game together as they got boatraced against Wisconsin. I showed him my Pittsburgh Penguins collection of game worn jerseys, trophies, rings and other memorabilia. He was intrigued and began a collection of his own shortly thereafter and I became an Iowa football season ticket holder this year.

He now has a game worn jersey collection that includes Christian Kirksey, Mark Weisman, Anthony Hitchens, B.J. Lowery, Abdul Hodge, Tevaun Smith, a couple of winged-Hawks jerseys and a Reebok jersey from Fry’s last season. His collection also includes the 1939 Notre Dame program, rare Nile Kinnick photos, publications and other unique items.

I’m currently in the process of piecing together the history of Iowa Hawkeyes uniforms year-over-year throughout the program’s history. For example, the Hawkeyes have worn at least 12 different variations of Nike jerseys since 2002.

I’m trying to find examples of other jerseys going back to the 1980’s, 1970’s, 1960’s and earlier.

With the Blackout jerseys being debuted on Saturday, I figured it’d be great to post what you have in your collection as far as game worn jerseys and helmets over the years or even your favorite style.

Here is my best friend’s collection displayed at FryFest back in September...

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Latest posts