Iowa Hawkeye Baseball

Wanted to see if we were any good this year, if we have any stud players, or any Iowa native players?

We play in a weak baseball conference and we're near the bottom of the league. In fact, no one in the Big 10 is very good this year, to be honest.

Saw the Hawks play in Cedar Rapids the other night and they hit the ball well. McCool is probably the best player on the team. He is from Manchester and I believe leads the league in batting, for the B10 season, at .420 something.

Not a lot of depth. I think it will always be a struggle for a northern team to be too competative with the south.

well considersing South Dakota State sweeped them

What the hell is sweeped?? Swept?? then the Hawks swept them the next day.

They will never be good. This year is not a real strong year. We can make the big ten tourney every couple years but that will be about it.

As long as Jack Dahm is there coach they will be at the bottom. This comes from personal experience. He is a horrible coach/recruiter.

Hawks were finally on BTN yesterday and small-balled the crap out of PSU 9-3. We have some good starting pitchers, but hitting & defense overall are mediocre at best. Sort of the opposite situation from the Banks years. Coach Dahm has been here for a while, and we're still bringing up the tail end of the B10. I'd guess if we miss the tournament again this season, he'll be getting the Alford speech from Barta (assuming he didn't get it last year).