Iowa has no choice but to Suspend him

I personally love it. LOVE IT! If he gets suspended it won't be first time or the last I hope. He's actually probably had less T's then most coaches over the last few seasons. Which has been disappointing. I love when he gets one. I cheer like I am watching the WWF - I swear right along side of him. My dog cowards in the corner. My wife yells down "Is everything ok?" and I yell back "IT'S FUCKING GREAT"!

Agreed, but it just doesn't sound as intimidating as the Gambino or Luciano family.

The Irish Mob were the first gangsters, correct? Until the Italians moved in. The Irish Mob was even too violent for the Genovese family back in the day.
But that was New York. Fran is from Philly. Tough but not New York tough. Now Marge you don't mess with.

Facts with some unconscious bias sprinkled in. :)

I personally love it. LOVE IT! If he gets suspended it won't be first time or the last I hope. He's actually probably had less T's then most coaches over the last few seasons. Which has been disappointing. I love when he gets one. I cheer like I am watching the WWF - I swear right along side of him. My dog cowards in the corner. My wife yells down "Is everything ok?" and I yell back "IT'S FUCKING GREAT"!

I saw somewhere that it was his first "T" this season. That can't be right.

The Irish Mob were the first gangsters, correct? Until the Italians moved in. The Irish Mob was even too violent for the Genovese family back in the day.
But that was New York. Fran is from Philly. Tough but not New York tough. Now Marge you don't mess with.

The original gangstas were probably gorillas. Until Cavemen took over, of course.

I was thinking of the Irish mafia when I posted this, but I didn't want them coming after me with potatoes. I hate potatoes.

Has everyone overlooked the fact that the ref Fran went off on is African-American?

Begs the question: Is it worse to compliment an African American for his basketball prowess by calling him King Kong, or to berate an AA official by calling him a cheating Mo Foer?

Has everyone overlooked the fact that the ref Fran went off on is African-American?

so..let me see. If Fran called him a m***** f***** isn't that getting into "baby mama" territory. Was he inferring that the guy was having sex with someone he wasn't married to, but that had a child? Sounds like an ugly racist stereotype to me.

(see how fun it is to play this game!)

In light of the questionable action to suspend a person like Dolphin when there was clearly no negative intent on his part how could you possibly not suspend McCafrrey for a crazed reaction with loads of intent? Bobby Knight got away with being a despicable bully for years because he won games. McCaffrey shouldn't get a pass even if he does make the tournament.
Unless he violated some rule or code, I have no idea why he would be suspended. He is passionate about his Hawks, and defends them, and our players. I am guessing this ref, who is from Ohio btw, has a bit of history of bias and Fran called a spade a spade.

When he goes off the wagon he flat-out goes OFF the wagon. Then again, if a coach who loses by 20 goes off on an official post-game, there has to be a reason beyond a bad call or two.

Hes been on good behavoir for a while now. Almost too emotionless for most the season. I hate that you can work the refs "professionally" and then theres some invisible line that the refs decide is a tech.

Sometimes bad refs probably ad an interesting dynamic for entertainment value i guess but the big ten can do better than this.

The way contact and freedom of movement is called is way too inconsisent.

It would be interesting to know if other coaches have addressed officials similarly post game. Honest question.

Unless he violated some rule or code, I have no idea why he would be suspended. He is passionate about his Hawks, and defends them, and our players. I am guessing this ref, who is from Ohio btw, has a bit of history of bias and Fran called a spade a spade.

And Fran couldn't have called a spade a spade on the court? If he truly had an issue then address it during the game and risk the second T. I've said it before and I'll stand by it, but there is absolutely no reason a coach should ever approach an official like that after a game especially when off the court (or field). It's coaching 101.

And Fran couldn't have called a spade a spade on the court? If he truly had an issue then address it during the game and risk the second T. I've said it before and I'll stand by it, but there is absolutely no reason a coach should ever approach an official like that after a game especially when off the court (or field). It's coaching 101.

I'm sure that was unintentional.

Maybe he could address the fact he really thinks the Ohio native is a cheater off the court better than on