Iowa getting hosed in this game

I would like to see a full multiclip of all the Cockburn fouls have to think he had around 25 by the time the game was over and only 4 were called. If the officials swallow the whistle like this in the tourney Illinois will win it all. If they follow the rule book then they are a different team. We beat them by 10+ when he was on the bench.

I would like to see a full multiclip of all the Cockburn fouls have to think he had around 25 by the time the game was over and only 4 were called. If the officials swallow the whistle like this in the tourney Illinois will win it all. If they follow the rule book then they are a different team. We beat them by 10+ when he was on the bench.
If he’s in foul trouble we have a good chance. But they can beat almost any other team with his backup playing. Garza owns the backup. But he holds up fine against most of the NCAA field.

I said to my wife that Iowa has better basketball players but Illinois has better athletes. The way today's game was called, while consistent, favored the athletes.

I do not claim that the officials were the reason Iowa lost.

Anyone who defends the way the officials referee basketball in the BT is blind.

The officiating was consistently bad both ways last night, but the bottom line is if you plan on winning (any game at any level) you have to keep the other team out of the paint. We gave up layup after layup, dunk after dunk, and let Cockburn do whatever he wanted with the ball. We didn’t deserve to win yesterday.

The officiating was consistently bad both ways last night, but the bottom line is if you plan on winning (any game at any level) you have to keep the other team out of the paint. We gave up layup after layup, dunk after dunk, and let Cockburn do whatever he wanted with the ball. We didn’t deserve to win yesterday.
We didn't let him do shit. He's huge and he pushed us around. Sometimes they call fouls on that. They didn't today. Not too many players in the world can stop Cockburn from doing what he wants when he's allowed to get that physical. You can say the same thing about Garza most times. But not against Cockburn. He's a beast.

We didn't let him do shit. He's huge and he pushed us around. Sometimes they call fouls on that. They didn't today. Not too many players in the world can stop Cockburn from doing what he wants when he's allowed to get that physical. You can say the same thing about Garza most times. But not against Cockburn. He's a beast.
Yeah. A little icyhot in the jock . Help him live up to the namesake.

I'll agree that Cockburn is an absolute monster. The fact was that on Saturday afternoon anyone wearing an Illinois uniform that wanted to get to the rim did. We can point to a lack of fouls being called and the fact that Cockburn is a physical beast, but we did a terrible job keeping him or anyone out of the paint, and your generally not going to win games giving up that many points in the paint.

I'll agree that Cockburn is an absolute monster. The fact was that on Saturday afternoon anyone wearing an Illinois uniform that wanted to get to the rim did. We can point to a lack of fouls being called and the fact that Cockburn is a physical beast, but we did a terrible job keeping him or anyone out of the paint, and your generally not going to win games giving up that many points in the paint.
I think it was Windsor that said he didn't mind the Cockburn dunks. But he did mind all the guards dunking. I agree with that.

I agree. Cockburn had a bit harder time against OSU as they tried to lean on him more, then swarmed him. IL's guards also had to work a bit more in the champ game. That defense Iowa showed was not a good effort on their behalf. I call that 2nd round upset loss effort.

I think it was Windsor that said he didn't mind the Cockburn dunks. But he did mind all the guards dunking. I agree with that.

I'm not sure why you play Cockburn straight up, but I can handle a big setting up shop in the paint and going to work. Like you said though, there's a definite problem when everyone else on floor is getting to the rim.

If a player charges into a guy while face to face, it’s a foul. If a big man has his back to the defender and backs into him until he has the guy out of bounds, it’s “play on.” OK, then.

Latest posts