Iowa gets Juco WR commit

Do you think he'll redshirt due to the lack of time in our playbook and due to the fact that a few other WR have had a year to learn and are coming off their redshirt years? I guess it'll depend on how impressive he plays when he gets here..

The JC commit could also mean that Lemelle and Veii are off the board unless you think Iowa would take yet another WR. Could also mean Ferentz relinquished his stand toward going the JC route on this one because after an in house visit with Lemelle this week and calling Veii their "franchise player" neither were showing the love needed so we went with the bird in the hand.

Some would call this a fall back move.

actually Isee him as a 5'11 slot receiver, as there are very few on the roster most are 6'2 or taller,
I will take a JUCO that led the nation in ypc at 30 ypc.
found this on ESPN out of Ohio, timed at 4.6 40 in 2010.
even if he just improved his speed by 1 tenth of a sec that stilll puts him at 4.5 40 speed.
a potential backup for Cotton and a starter when Cotton graduates, letting the current commitments get adjusted. anyway you look at it there will be some solid competition and this kid was recruited by Soup

I think the juco route worked out pretty well with clinton solomon

LOL. Except Solomon was only at a JUCO for a year and was only there in the first place because his grades tanked his first year at Iowa.

But yeah other than that, going to a JUCO worked out great for him.

actually Isee him as a 5'11 slot receiver, as there are very few on the roster most are 6'2 or taller,
I will take a JUCO that led the nation in ypc at 30 ypc.
found this on ESPN out of Ohio, timed at 4.6 40 in 2010.
even if he just improved his speed by 1 tenth of a sec that stilll puts him at 4.5 40 speed.
a potential backup for Cotton and a starter when Cotton graduates, letting the current commitments get adjusted. anyway you look at it there will be some solid competition and this kid was recruited by Soup
And the input we have all been waiting for has arrived.

I see they showed most catches from 2 different angles, which is nice. However, I saw only 6 plays that were "Davis" style (3-5 yard out, and bubble screen) patterns. The rest were Posts, Flags, Deep Drags, Fly routes. The 2 best things I saw is that he came back to the ball when the play broke down and he Caught the ball at the highest point.

wreath_with_ferentz.0_standard_352.0.jpg

The JC commit could also mean that Lemelle and Veii are off the board unless you think Iowa would take yet another WR. Could also mean Ferentz relinquished his stand toward going the JC route on this one because after an in house visit with Lemelle this week and calling Veii their "franchise player" neither were showing the love needed so we went with the bird in the hand.

Some would call this a fall back move.

Exactly.

I think whats even more important is, he looks like he can actually CATCH the football....On a side note, and im sure its already been talked about but, how much of the drops are actually on JVB? We havnt had this many drops in the past. Ive always been a JVB fan, maybe more than he deserves as a PLAYER even, but does he throw it too hard or something?

Latest posts