Iowa Football's Matt Hankins Posts That He Will Kneel During Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about this a lot lately and I keep going back and forth. I fully support players right to protest, I just don't think they should do it when they are wearing an Iowa uniform. When they put on that uniform they're not just representing themselves anymore. They're representing the team, the coaches, and everyone at The University of Iowa. Their views may not be everyone else's views. If they want to protest after they take the uniform off, go for it, I'm behind them 100%.

I've thought about this a lot lately and I keep going back and forth. I fully support players right to protest, I just don't think they should do it when they are wearing an Iowa uniform. When they put on that uniform they're not just representing themselves anymore. They're representing the team, the coaches, and everyone at The University of Iowa. Their views may not be everyone else's views. If they want to protest after they take the uniform off, go for it, I'm behind them 100%.
Is this thought the back or the forth?

They may not be everyone else's but it is a view shared by more than just them. It may be shared by individuals in attendance, faculty, fellow students, teammates, the opposition, and people watching from home. It may not be welcome or accepted by everyone, however I can almost guarantee that they are representing the beliefs of a large portion of those groups you mentioned that may or may not be kneeling along side them.

I would have especially liked to have seen the coaches take a knee along side the players, but a great display of unity.

They may not be everyone else's but it is a view shared by more than just them. It may be shared by individuals in attendance, faculty, fellow students, teammates, the opposition, and people watching from home. It may not be welcome or accepted by everyone, however I can almost guarantee that they are representing the beliefs of a large portion of those groups you mentioned that may or may not be kneeling along side them.
So the views of the minority don't matter?

If people think Kneeling solves anything, I got news for you it doesn’t!

My take - Eliminate the National Anthem at all sporting events. They want to truly make a difference go visit communities and talk to people, sit in on City council meeting and promote active engaging changes in their communities that matters. The reality is that 2020 is no different than 2010, 2000, 1990 Etc... You want to attack the root of all evil look no further than that of our Career Politicians!!!!

Perhaps you should hire someone to do your research

That's what I would do

When you begin with an example, then toe your point to the example, that is what people on the biz call a "comparison"

That's all the research needed to substantiate my response.

Be well, Duke

Ah, so its only half of a middle finger to the flag instead of a full blown bird.

I guess it's OK then

No, I'd rather us have some real police and criminal justice reform in this country. If someone kneeling helps that even an inch I'm good. If some snowflakes can't emotionally handle the sight of someone kneeling that's their problem.

No, I'd rather us have some real police and criminal justice reform in this country. If someone kneeling helps that even an inch I'm good. If some snowflakes can't emotionally handle the sight of someone kneeling that's their problem.

If you can't handle a little dissatisfaction as it pertains to kneeling during the anthem, that's their problem.

There are two sides to each coin, sir.

Freedom of Speech isnt just for the BLM and Liberal folk, contrary to opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts