Iowa Football Stat Trends You REALLY Don't Want to Know About

Pleasantly surprised by a couple of the defensive ranks/results so far.
Picture-5.png

No surprises here except the defense. We won't be great this year, but both NIU and ISU are fairly good teams, so the defensive play is unexpected. The slower than expected development of the offense was unexpected to me, at least that they still haven't put in the entire playbook (based on the one new scheme introduced Saturday), but we knew what we were signing up for last fall, given the returning talent, and change in system. At least we should have known.

One more stat, from @HustleBelt on twitter. Iowa and UMass are the only FBS teams who have yet to make an extra point

If I were Jon I would be hard pressed to remain professional delivering an analysis of this offense. Congrats Jon, you did a good job.

If I were Jon I would be hard pressed to remain professional delivering an analysis of this offense. Congrats Jon, you did a good job.

While I may identify with an athletics team, it is not my identity. I really try not to get too worked up over something I have no control over.

I have visions of NwU fans in the 80's -- wearing bags on their heads and chanting "we're the worst; we're the worst".

I have complete confidence The Offensive will not be beaten by NwU in yet another facet of the game and can easily make up those last 3 or 4 spots you mentioned, say by 0:00 of the Michigan State game.

C'mon, Hawks! Give us something to shoot for.

So Iowa's offense is bad. Ok. Not to be a smart a$$, but I've gotten accustomed to that over the years. Sigh... Guess what can you do except for give the new OC a chance and hope that things improve with recruiting and that GD's new system can pay dividends. Up front, it doesn't look good.

Latest posts