Iowa Football Releases New Depth Chart

My attitude towards Nico Ragaini has done a complete 180 in the last 12 months. A year ago I was like if Nico disappears, nobody will notice. I was wrong. Nico was missed early in the season last season. I am glad he is back to mentor Iowa's young WR's.

I expect Iowa's defense to struggle a little more this season. Iowa's New LB's will take time to gel. And you just don't replace guys like Campbell and Moss easily. Wish Justin Jacobs and Terry Roberts would have stayed.

I see Petras is not on the depth chart at all, which was expected. I wonder if they will just give the starting QB job to Cade or let Labas compete. They almost had to promise it to Cade or else he would have never transferred. Has to be why Padilla left.

No Justin Britt on the two deep? Has he called it a career.

Have we ever had two athletes the caliber of DeJean and Nwampka in the secondary at the same time? If Jemari Harris comes back from injury and returns to form.....

Have we ever had two athletes the caliber of DeJean and Nwampka in the secondary at the same time? If Jemari Harris comes back from injury and returns to form.....
Hayden had some secondaries that were all that & then some.

Hayden had some secondaries that were all that & then some.
Not necessarily talking talent as much as raw athletic ability. But I remember Hayden's secondaries very well. If Devon Mitchell doesn't make an amazing play on the ball at the end of the 1985 Michigan State game, they might connect on a hail Mary and win. His first Rose Bowl in 1981 had a great secondary.

Still very excited to see this year's unit in action. DeJean is a one man highlight reel and Nwampka should be an upgrade over Merriweather. Add a healthy Harris and on sheer athleticism I think it surpasses any Hayden era group.

Britt and Davidkoff both retired from football for injury reasons.

This new 2-deep made me realize how young Iowa's offense was last year. This projected offensive 2-deep includes 9 returning starters, but only 2 of those will be Seniors during the 2023 season. (3 Seniors if you count McNamara, but I think he has 2 years remaining.) Wow.
I wanted to cringe, cry -- or both -- seeing KFerentz say prior to spring practice they already have multiple injuries among the Olinemen and they're "a little thin" at that position. WHAT THE HELL? These 18-24 yr old guys have had literally 3 months to rest up from nagging injuries. Are these injuries leftover from last fall? Are these new injuries from winter workouts? From goofing around?
Can somebody on this board please explain and make sense of this for me?

This new 2-deep made me realize how young Iowa's offense was last year. This projected offensive 2-deep includes 9 returning starters, but only 2 of those will be Seniors during the 2023 season. (3 Seniors if you count McNamara, but I think he has 2 years remaining.) Wow.
I wanted to cringe, cry -- or both -- seeing KFerentz say prior to spring practice they already have multiple injuries among the Olinemen and they're "a little thin" at that position. WHAT THE HELL? These 18-24 yr old guys have had literally 3 months to rest up from nagging injuries. Are these injuries leftover from last fall? Are these new injuries from winter workouts? From goofing around?
Can somebody on this board please explain and make sense of this for me?
McNamara has 2 years. Good, I think. No. I have no blanking idea about the long list of injuries. Good point.

Nobody better than Merton
Until OSU's Bobby Olive burned him on a slant very similar to the one Stanzi and McNutt burned MSU on.

He also let a ball ricochet of his chest and into the arms of Jeff Graham for a TD at the end of the FIRST half. Worst of all, he ducked the media afterward.

Britt and Davidkoff both retired from football for injury reasons.
I'm not sure that's the case. Davidkoff, yes. But I remember when the season ended and there were rumors of Britt being done and IIRC, he came out and said he was still working at rehabbing and hoping to join the team down the road. He has been injury ridden and was out all last year. Part of the problems we had in 2022 on the O-Line.

I'm not sure that's the case. Davidkoff, yes. But I remember when the season ended and there were rumors of Britt being done and IIRC, he came out and said he was still working at rehabbing and hoping to join the team down the road. He has been injury ridden and was out all last year. Part of the problems we had in 2022 on the O-Line.
Britt has already announced that he is in the portal as a grad transfer
Must have had a change of heart. Kirk announced on NSD that Britt was done for medical reasons but would stick around and get his degree.

Davidkoff was a bigger loss, IMO. A lot of lost potential there.

Latest posts