Iowa Football = Quiet Confidence

AZmess

I keep hearing about MSU ever since starting 1-3, is now the hottest team in the land. How all that stands between them and 1st place is the Hawkeyes. Iowa hasn't won in EL since 1995. All that may be true.

But look at that other sideline. There's a team that just brings its lunchpail (yeah I know....cliche) week in and week out. They've got a QB that has seen adversity.....and overcome it. You've got an OL that's been shuffled around with injuries and illness......and overcome it. You've got a TE that's missed 3 games....and come back to be the catalyst this offense needs. And leading it all are Ferentz, O'Keefe, and Parker.....3 guys that don't get too up or too down. They've seen it all. And their team is a reflection.

While all the rest of us will see the crazed fans in green, the lights, and a team gearing up to knock them off, his team is going to walk into Spartan Stadium and come to play period. We may not win tonight, but our guys sure as hell are gonna come to play.
________
WASHINGTON DISPENSARIES

Last edited:
I am glad they are talking about the spartans being the hot team. The more the focus is away from our hawks, the better. You raise some great points about our coaching staff and how they are reflected in this team.

It is exactly that confidence (poise), along with what I view as under rated talent that makes me think this team will take care of business each week. I get nervous every week, because I care and i am starting to think about what might be, but I am more confident about this team than any Iowa team I can remember.

I love how a team that has won 3 in a row is regarded as "hotter" than a team that has won 11 in a row! But I'll take being the underdog.

Latest posts