Iowa Football Position Preview: Holes to Fill in Hawkeye Secondary

Worthwhile to note that Colton Dinsdale played JUCO at Iowa Western before walking on at Iowa.

Somehow, every year, I have no concerns about the secondary. Phil Parker always seems to come up with someone that comes in and does a solid job. Koerner was a pleasant surprise for example. This has been a strength in recent years and I don’t lay awake at night worrying about this position group.

IMO, in the B1G to be competitive and have a tough D you've got to have quality depth in the secondary, say down to 3 deep at least. There are more injuries in this position group than any other and you need lots of guys ready to play. Too often it seems, due to injury, we end up playing plenty of true freshmen.

The good news is that DC Phil Parker heads up this group and he's been getting 1-2 guys from this group drafted every year for waht seems at least a decade. There are lots of names in this group and I have no doubt Coach Parker will do his thing.

I'm predicting it'll be a combination of Koerner, Hankins, Belton (takes over Geno's spot), Brents & Merriweather (cash).

I am wondering if Craddieth will see much play. He was highly coveted coming out of HS. If he doesn't see the field much, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the transfer portal.

Somehow, every year, I have no concerns about the secondary. Phil Parker always seems to come up with someone that comes in and does a solid job. Koerner was a pleasant surprise for example. This has been a strength in recent years and I don’t lay awake at night worrying about this position group.
Yup. If nothing else he deserves that benefit of the doubt. PP is as good as it gets.
I also agree on Koerner. I've heard good things beyond that about him too. Seems to be a weight room warrior and I think he'll be a great player for us.

Latest posts