Iowa Football Parents React to Sending Children Back to Campus

Love Duncan’s dads quote about if you don’t feel safe don’t go/if you do do. Said he’ll be there tailgating lol. Good man

That's an interesting and very relevant article.

The one thing that strikes me that is very gratifying is the almost universal respect that the parents have for our coaching staff. We see it year after year, and it's something that we as fans should hold as a sense of tremendous pride. Say what you want about Kirk's rigidity and game management head-scratchers, but we can never question his character and devotion to the players.

Felecia Goodson in particular really comes off as an impressive person with a good head on her shoulders.

All that said, things could change in a heartbeat if a student-athlete gets seriously ill due to participation. I think most parents would see that for what it is - an expected risk that you have to deal with, but it only takes one parent reacting zealously to upset the apple cart. Assuming we have sports, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

How many test kits does the team have access to and how often will they test the players and staff, I wonder? Once a week, every-other day? Just wondering.

But it does sound like the staff has a handle on it and the parents are largely on board.

How many test kits does the team have access to and how often will they test the players and staff, I wonder? Once a week, every-other day? Just wondering.

But it does sound like the staff has a handle on it and the parents are largely on board.

Yes. The details are being shared with players and their parents. We should get some answers after Iowa announces publicly players are coming back. The players and their parents have been told the workouts will start June 8 and some players could trickle back in before that.

They've had a lot of time to work with people in the know on how to best conduct business.

Yes. The details are being shared with players and their parents. We should get some answers after Iowa announces publicly players are coming back. The players and their parents have been told the workouts will start June 8 and some players could trickle back in before that.

They've had a lot of time to work with people in the know on how to best conduct business.

When do players normally get on campus in the summer?

They normally here in June after having a break following spring practice. June is conditioning time. Players get together for 7 on 7 stuff and linemen work out. Coaches normally are busy with recruiting camps, but that won’t happen this year. Players normally get a break in July before camp starts.

I was in a watering hole with him in San Diego at the Holiday Bowl. Getting to know players’ parents through the years has been one of the best parts of my job. And now I’m older than most of them. :D
I can see that for sure. So many great folks. Getting older is just a perk we all aren't so fortunate to be able to enjoy. Keep enjoying the ride Rob

That's an interesting and very relevant article.

The one thing that strikes me that is very gratifying is the almost universal respect that the parents have for our coaching staff. We see it year after year, and it's something that we as fans should hold as a sense of tremendous pride. Say what you want about Kirk's rigidity and game management head-scratchers, but we can never question his character and devotion to the players.

Felecia Goodson in particular really comes off as an impressive person with a good head on her shoulders.

All that said, things could change in a heartbeat if a student-athlete gets seriously ill due to participation. I think most parents would see that for what it is - an expected risk that you have to deal with, but it only takes one parent reacting zealously to upset the apple cart. Assuming we have sports, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
------------
The athletes are young and strong, so, probably not much risk of dying from Covid. It seems the bigger risk will be the older coaches, staff and the players families. Hope for the best.

Will the rules change in regards to what the teams can do? Will there contact allowed and film study etc. I dont know what the rules are now, but without spring training, I imagine there has to be more flexible rules when it comes to this summer.

How long will it take petras to get up to speed?

As an aside, if say Petras doesnt show over concerns, does he lose his starting spot?

Latest posts