Iowa Football - Doin' Work

Yeah, why'd they have to go and set this to cuntree? Sounds like Big & Rich or some such sheet.

We're comin...and we're shittay

To be fair though, rap/rock is usually a lot more popular with football players than country. At least for this type of thing.

There is a decent share of good ole boys that like to hunt, fish, chew tobaccey and hit people.

sure as hell better than rap this is Iowa folks

This might be Iowa, but the majority of our players, and the majority of younger people in general would prefer something more uptempo and less hickish. That song is terrible.

With that said, it must be the off-season when Hawk fans are overanalyzing a workout video theme song.

There is a decent share of good ole boys that like to hunt, fish, chew tobaccey and hit people.

That's true, and there's quite a few of them on the football team. But it's not typically the type of music you hear for workout/pump up videos or playlists. I'd wager that most of the guys who enjoy some country on the team probably don't have much of it on their pregame playlists. It's just not really the right vibe for that sort of thing.

This might be Iowa, but the majority of our players, and the majority of younger people in general would prefer something more uptempo and less hickish. That song is terrible.

With that said, it must be the off-season when Hawk fans are overanalyzing a workout video theme song.

So are you one of the younger nation or just assuming?

They have beat the hell out of ac/dc etc so maybe they were just trying to change it up.

So are you one of the younger nation or just assuming?

They have beat the hell out of ac/dc etc so maybe they were just trying to change it up.

I'm 27 so I guess you could say I'm one of the younger nation, though I'm getting to the point where I don't feel like I can say that anymore. I played football, and was in the Army. I enjoy all sorts of music, including some country, but it's just not the kind of music anyone I knew listened to prior to a football game or workout during high school, or prior to a mission while serving in the military. The theme of that song is "Doin Work" so I understand what they're getting at. I just found it to be incredibly cheezy. Some country songs are so country that it makes me laugh. It's hard for me to take the song seriously when it's so redneck. I'm the same way about rap. I like a lot of rap, but some of it is so thuggish that I wouldn't be caught dead listening to it.

They have certainly overplayed the AC/DC stuff, however, you act like that's the only other option. There's hundreds of different rock and hip hop songs that would have fit the bill way better than "Doin Work".

Ya' dang bunch of city slickers!... That's Jason Aldean, with Luke Bryan and Eric Church. Good stuff.

I do have a feeling, though, that this type of music may be slightly more popular with the offensive linemen.

Ya' dang bunch of city slickers!... That's Jason Aldean, with Luke Bryan and Eric Church. Good stuff.

I do have a feeling, though, that this type of music may be slightly more popular with the offensive linemen.

Why?!? Cuz they're WHITE?!? You assume just cuz they're white they like country?!?! RACIST!!! :p

Latest posts