Iowa football considering spring workout in Central Iowa

Wondering if any other BCS AQ school does road trips to high schools?

Gotta get all those Valley recruits, I gues...

Are the season ticket sales so bad that they have to get new fans from the Des Moines area?

Are the season ticket sales so bad that they have to get new fans from the Des Moines area?

Does it not make sense to do this???? Iowa should have done this a long time ago. There are so many positives to doing this. Just like there is doing a game in Chicago against NIU.

Wouldn't you always want new fans too? Your post is just all sorts of f'd.

Does it not make sense to do this???? Iowa should have done this a long time ago. There are so many positives to doing this. Just like there is doing a game in Chicago against NIU.

Wouldn't you always want new fans too? Your post is just all sorts of f'd.

Not sure comparing a game in Chicago to a practice in West Des Moines is all that.

We're talking about practice. Not a game, not a game. Practice.

Why don't you ask the number of people still being denied season tickets.

Great idea and I'm usually of the opinion that Iowa makes the worst PR decisions. Starting to make some changes.

Selling hope is easy.

This makes complete sense. It's like putting weights on a baseball bat when you practice swinging. We play @ Purdue this year, so after playing at a high school stadium, the players will be underwhelmed when they go to Purdue. You may think I'm joking, but I've been to Purdue 3 times, and I'm completely serious.

Considering I live in Johnston I think this is a great idea. Would make it so much easier to catch the spring game. Plus it would irk ISU fans and their dip$hit AD so I'm all for it.

BREAKING NEWS: Jamie Pollard negotiating with Nevada High School to play spring game at their stadium. Pollard states "We looked into what Iowa was doing and thought it was a wonderful way to spread our team's influence. So we here at ISU decided to expand our boarders and reach out to fans outside our normal radius. Who knows? If it's a success I can see expanding further in the next few years, like for example Boone and Huxley and maybe if we get a little crazy, Story City."

We're talking about practice. Not a game, not a game. Practice.[/QUOTE]

Practice? You talking about practice?

I like it. It will be fun. I will be there. I will be bombed. I will boo the players and shout obscenities at the coaches. I know a lot more than them and I am obligated to voice my opinion, it is my duty to the state and the team.

Latest posts