Iowa Football Adds WR Jacob Gill

I know, not very impressive. But then I saw that he only played four games and was injured for the rest of the year. So, while still not setting the world on fire, not as bad it appears at first glance.
That dude has played in 28 games total and has 195 yards in his career. That's less than a 7 yard per game average spread out over 3 seasons. I don't know how it's not as bad as it appears.

Yep. As outlandish as it is to say, you would absolutely have taken JC as the QB the last two years. He at least could use his feet and was a good leader. We probably don't lose the Minny game last year and win the West in '22 if we only had....gulp...Jake Christensen......

Limbo……… how low can you go.

What was the name of that Ohio St walk on transfer that never caught a pass at OSU and transferred into our program last year with one year of eligibly left?

That dude has played in 28 games total and has 195 yards in his career. That's less than a 7 yard per game average spread out over 3 seasons. I don't know how it's not as bad as it appears.
As previously stated, this is by no means a flashy pick up. But, after watching that slap fight in Wrigley in person last year, can we all acknowledge that NW's offense was nearly as bad as Iowa's?

If Lester and his system are an appreciable upgrade over BF, which almost has to be the case, and our QB room remains relatively healthy as a group, I think we should expect some modest productivity out of our WR room. This young man could certainly be in the rotation. He will likely be competing with the true frosh WRs for the 5th WR slot. Given where we are at on offense, I just don't know how we could have expected anything better than this guy.

Latest posts