IOWA FANS RIGHT NOW!!!!

1013Hawk

All of you negative folks on this board make me want to vomit! I can honestly say for the first time in my life I am disappointed to be an Iowa fan. I thought that we had the best and most reasonable fans in the country until this loss to Arizona. This football team needs us to rally around them at this time and you act like these KIDS (yes I said kids) are something other than a human being playing a GAME! They are student athletes entertaining you working every single day of their lives, working out, practicing and playing their hearts out and you spit on them because they lose one football game. Who are you faceless people on this board? Does it honestly make you feel better as human being to cut down a person that doesn't have the ability to defend themselves?? You make me sick.

Frankly, your drama-queen act makes me sick.

99% of the comments I've seen aren't calling out a player or a coach. I see them as legitimate questions about certain facets of our team.

Some people are concerned about the numerous special teams breakdowns......not just from the Arizona game, but from the entire season. Our placekicking game is suspect. Our coverage teams are suspect.

Some people are concerned about the O-line and the lack of both consistent run and pass blocking. Given the fact we graduated a 1st round draft pick and 2 other pretty salty O-linemen, I'd say those concerns are valid.

Some people are concerned with the defense and the long balls that were uncharacteristically given up as well as the lack of quarterback sacks and pressure so far through the 1st three games.

I don't see anything wrong with any of those concerns. No one is calling for the coaches heads, for anyone to be fired, calling out individual players, etc. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and realize that everyone is an individual and may have different opinions than the "perfect" opinion you seem to feel you have. Grow up.

Frankly, your drama-queen act makes me sick.

99% of the comments I've seen aren't calling out a player or a coach. I see them as legitimate questions about certain facets of our team.

Some people are concerned about the numerous special teams breakdowns......not just from the Arizona game, but from the entire season. Our placekicking game is suspect. Our coverage teams are suspect.

Some people are concerned about the O-line and the lack of both consistent run and pass blocking. Given the fact we graduated a 1st round draft pick and 2 other pretty salty O-linemen, I'd say those concerns are valid.

Some people are concerned with the defense and the long balls that were uncharacteristically given up as well as the lack of quarterback sacks and pressure so far through the 1st three games.

I don't see anything wrong with any of those concerns. No one is calling for the coaches heads, for anyone to be fired, calling out individual players, etc. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and realize that everyone is an individual and may have different opinions than the "perfect" opinion you seem to feel you have. Grow up.

This post is entirely too logical and makes way too much sense. However you will be referred to as a "chicken little" or "not a real Hawk fan" so shame on you.

I only disagree with your point on the long balls given up by the defense. I'm not concerned there. Everything else, particularly the OL and RB is a big concern of mine.

Actually, I think it has been tamer than what I expected. Iowa is still a good football team. We just need to work on a few facets that have broken down in 1 game. We'll be fine going forward Kirk is a great coach and he'll rally the troops.
We'll get a win this weekend against Ball State and all will be right in the world again!

I seriously can't handle when people refer to college students as "kids". BS!!!! THEY ARE ADULTS!!!

Yes, some fans are overreacting to the loss, but I am tired of the "kids" card being played.

You are either new to Hawkeye fandom, or new to the internet.

I am an eternal optimist, and just refrain from reading the messageboards after a loss because I can't stand the chicken littles of the world. However, I know these people will post because their maniacal self-loathing requires that they rain their pesimistic views on the world.

One word: ignore.

or Other word: xanax.

This post is entirely too logical and makes way too much sense. However you will be referred to as a "chicken little" or "not a real Hawk fan" so shame on you.

I only disagree with your point on the long balls given up by the defense. I'm not concerned there. Everything else, particularly the OL and RB is a big concern of mine.

I probably should have known better than to respond to a poster with the name "Deez Hawk Nuts".....:)

All of you negative folks on this board make me want to vomit!.

If it will make you feel better, by all means, go vomit. How long have you been on these internet forums? Is this the first time you have seen a few over react? If it makes you vomit, drink a lot of water before you go to these forums, it will help keep you hydrated.

I seriously can't handle when people refer to college students as "kids". BS!!!! THEY ARE ADULTS!!!

Yes, some fans are overreacting to the loss, but I am tired of the "kids" card being played.

And yet a lot of them still cannot legally drink or gamble (not that gambling is a good idea for a college student). Quite a few of these players really are still kids. College is where a lot of people start to grow up. They don't magically become adults when they graduate high school just because they are 18.

images

The OP reminds me of this guy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc]YouTube - LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE![/ame]

wow...i suddenly feel very strong need to leave britney alone and suddenly have a very strong appreciation for her performing for me.

thank you britney

All of you negative folks on this board make me want to vomit! I can honestly say for the first time in my life I am disappointed to be an Iowa fan. I thought that we had the best and most reasonable fans in the country until this loss to Arizona. This football team needs us to rally around them at this time and you act like these KIDS (yes I said kids) are something other than a human being playing a GAME! They are student athletes entertaining you working every single day of their lives, working out, practicing and playing their hearts out and you spit on them because they lose one football game. Who are you faceless people on this board? Does it honestly make you feel better as human being to cut down a person that doesn't have the ability to defend themselves?? You make me sick.

ahhhh this must be your first season being involved with the internet message boards. If you don't like the meltdowns that our fanbase has...I suggest you avoid this site than. I was like this at first too, but you do get over it at some point. I knew it was going to happen and it will always happen after a loss to some degree. I'm not defending them, just telling it like it is.

Last edited:

Latest posts