Iowa Facing Oregon State in South Dakota

All I know about them is that their nickname is the Beavers and their coach's name is Wayne Tinkle.

Also, I think Michelle Obama's brother used to be their coach.

That new barn is pretty cool, pretty sure we played CO there 2 years ago. Not sure how good OSU is gonna be this season, but it's good we found another P5 opponent for the OOC.

OSU was 8th in the Pac 12 last year, 18-13 overall, 7-11 in conf. 12-4 at home, 3-8 on the road, 3-1 neutral site. They beat Ia. State last year 80-74, Had some good wins: @ colo 76-68, Arizona 82-65, and Oregon 63-53.
They avg 71.2 ppg on off. and yielded 67.6 on "D". FG% was 46%, 3 PT% was .325, FT% was .751. They were outrebounded by and avg of .08 ppg. Had 11.5 TO's ppg compared to 12.4 on "D". They avg 4.9 blocks ppg. Cant tell you who they lost or who's coming in.

The atmosphere when we played Colorado a few years back was amazing. We really fed off the crowd. Pretty sure Maishe Dailey had his best game at Iowa that night. I remember thinking after that game that I wished this could be our home court type of atmosphere. The younger fans were all there and on top of the court. It makes a huge difference. Wish we could have that instead of Carver.

Some Beaver media clown mentioned this might be a "rebuilding year" for them. And yes, they will have a rematch with Ia. St. this year, I think, in Ames.

That new barn is pretty cool, pretty sure we played CO there 2 years ago. Not sure how good OSU is gonna be this season, but it's good we found another P5 opponent for the OOC.

That was a very nice barn. We had the fans screaming and that was Connor's breakout game, I believe. He showed what he was capable of against the Buffalo.....

:cool:

Why not a home and home?
Those are simply just not as common as they once were. There are so many opportunities in November and December to play in tournaments and neutral setting games.

You also don't see teams interrupting their conference seasons once January begins. Teams like DePaul, UNLV, and Notre Dame used to be independents and had flexibility in their schedules to play "made for TV games". Now they are in conferences as well

Latest posts