Iowa currently sitting at 6 Q1 wins with another on tap Saturday

Weird maybe. But when you have what could very well be a 6-way tie for 3rd by the end of Sunday means that, even if you lose to lesser teams - and right now, Michigan State and Wisconsin are lesser teams record-wise, you want to beat those teams you are tied with or who are above you. And so it is with us beating Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, Illinois, Rutgers, and Northwestern. And if by some miracle we could take down Purdue Thursday night, then just win a decent amount of games down the stretch, we should be able to win every tiebreaker out there and be one of the top four for the Big Ten Conference tournament - for once.
I don't know about you, but I'm really enjoying this season. Lots of unknowns, unusual heroes each game, and a lot of action. Go hawks.

If Murray doesn't get hurt and we lose him for a month, this team has at least 3 more wins and is ranked in the top 20 and a projected 4 seed. Not only was he out, but it took him and the team a few games to get back into the swing of things. Iowa is coming together at the right time though. I don't see us losing another home game and Minny should be no match for this team. That said, Purdue is going to boatrace us. An angry Purdue team at home. Ugggg
We've caught breaks however. If Race Thompson doesn't go down late in the first half we probably don't beat Indiana. We absolutely pulled Michigan out-of our ass. But we were down Murray AND Ulis AND Perkins was far less than 100% when we lost to Wisconsin in a game that seems like it was two years ago.

We've started out 1-4, probably soon to be 1-5, in conference road games. We have winnable road games coming up and must win a couple of them.

Latest posts