Iowa could land Toledo decommit soon - ESPN.com

HawkeyeHypnosis

Iowa could land Toledo decommit soon - Football Recruiting - Midwest Region Blog - ESPN

Sorry of this had been posted somewhere else. I'm not subscribed but here's what I could get:

Josh Jones (Walled Lakes, Mich./Western) was convinced he made the right decision with Toledo. He committed earlier this month and was set on playing for the Rockets.

Then Iowa came with an offer Thursday evening, and Jones needed to take a step back and reconsider his commitment.

“I was sold on Toledo as far as the MAC, but Iowa was a dream come true,â€￾ Jones said shortly after his decommitment. “I always wanted to play on the big stage.

Iowa could land Toledo decommit soon - Football Recruiting - Midwest Region Blog - ESPN

Sorry of this had been posted somewhere else. I'm not subscribed but here's what I could get:

Josh Jones (Walled Lakes, Mich./Western) was convinced he made the right decision with Toledo. He committed earlier this month and was set on playing for the Rockets.

Then Iowa came with an offer Thursday evening, and Jones needed to take a step back and reconsider his commitment.

“I was sold on Toledo as far as the MAC, but Iowa was a dream come true,â€￾ Jones said shortly after his decommitment. “I always wanted to play on the big stage.

For a guy that only had interest and offers from MAC schools he has good stats and a good rating on Rivals. He's only .1 away from a 4* recruit. I'd be excited if we got him, which we should.

Today, one day after the Hawkeyes offered Jones, Illinois offered him. I would expect to see several more BCS-level offers soon, which could delay a potential commitment.

06-01-2012 05:56 PMHawkfromnorwalk
Champaign sucks and everyone knows it. Once he sees IC he's in the bag.

My thoughts exactly. I'll start to worry when big named schools offer. If that even happens. Hope he commits before that.

I guess the only thing I worry about is whether or not he would decommit from Iowa if another, bigger school offered. He already decommitted once, what would stop him from doing it again?

06-01-2012 07:54 PMthejumper5
I guess the only thing I worry about is whether or not he would decommit from Iowa if another, bigger school offered. He already decommitted once, what would stop him from doing it again?

I guess there would have to be some worry he may do it again if a school more intriguing to him offered.

I like the size he has. We havn't had very many corners over 6'0 and 200 lbs. Of course that's assuming he'd stay a corner never the less can't have too many kids in the secondary

We'll you have a kid who is almost a 4 star recruit with 1 offer from a MAC school. So, I would say its a legitimate question. Agree?

Could it be that he was just under the radar? Iowa and Illinois offering him in late May just shows that he is probably a late bloomer. Not only that but he is in a state where a lot of people can be overlooked based on the high number of quality players. A lot of players' stock rises and falls throughout the recruiting process, his stock is rising.

We'll you have a kid who is almost a 4 star recruit with 1 offer from a MAC school. So, I would say its a legitimate question. Agree?

Well I don’t know and I wasn’t trying you on either. This seems like another in a long list of recruiting anomalies not limited to but including little interest at all, few offers and yet plays a lot and even starts as a frosh. Lots of fanfare and offers and never even shows up anywhere, lots of offers but still just an average 3 star ratings wise, etc, etc, etc….

I do hope we aren’t messing with an academic risk at this point I really do. I trust the coaches but in my mind why bother? He may never get it straightened out and if he does in come other offers. And on a corollary note, the MAC has become a very talented producer of NFL talent and I have zero problem grabbing these kids that seem to be MAC only offers.

Could it be that he was just under the radar? Iowa and Illinois offering him in late May just shows that he is probably a late bloomer. Not only that but he is in a state where a lot of people can be overlooked based on the high number of quality players. A lot of players' stock rises and falls throughout the recruiting process, his stock is rising.

I think his dilemma and I do get it, is that he is very highly rated with few offers, but it isn’t that unusual in my memory of recruiting. Plenty of examples of very strange things out there in the recruiting ratings world and if memory serves I think Iowa has had some past 3 stars in state that Iowa and ISU neither one even offered….

Last edited:

Latest posts