Iowa City West beats Linn-Mar

Alexander was awesome yesterday. He is very (very) athletic and a mismatch for most HS players. Basically, Paige guarded Alexander in the regular season game (which West won by 12) to start the game and then switched to Morgan after he was well past 20 points. This game, Paige guarded Morgan (who had 5 points today) and Alexander went off. IC West is the better team overall. Lohaus had a great 4th quarter with some pullup midrange shots and Gylten and Battie-Gaddy played well underneath. West was 20 for 25 from the floor in the 2nd half!

It will be an interesting matchup with IC West and SC East. Here's part of the article from Iowa Prep Sports about how IC West will look to match up with SC East

Huge 4th quarter moves Iowa City West past Linn-Mar, 71-51 | Iowa Prep Sports

Trojans Coach Steve Bergman knows better than that, though, especially considering his club hasn’t faced a kid like 7-foot-1 Adam Woodbury of East.

West loves to man you up defensively, but it won’t be able to do that against the future Iowa Hawkeye. This is an interesting matchup.

“I’ve never seen Sioux City East play before today,â€￾ Bergman said. “We’ve got a few tapes from this tournament, and I’ll sit down and watch them. It’s a tall order, no pun intended. We don’t play people like him. Our defense, to this point, has not been built to deal with somebody like him. It’ll be tough.â€￾

Is Iowa looking at Morgan? From what I have read on him, he seems to fit the type of player Fran would like...anyone have a good report on him?

When I attended the University a few years ago, Dondre was in high school and came in to the Rec Center down on Gilbert and Burlington everyday. I worked there while in school and help run the rec leagues. He was only in 7th grade and would always sub for the rec league teams and just show everyone up.

The best part about it, is he has a strong head on his shoulders. He would bring his books everyday and would make sure his work was done. Just the nicest kid and I hope he does great things, because he deserves it with all the hard work he has done.

Latest posts