Iowa City West beats Linn-Mar

spliff45

71-51 to advance to the 4A final. Alexander had 27 for West and Paige had 24 for Linn-Mar.

Alexander blocked Paige at least 3 times that I remember. He was definitely the best athlete on the court today.

IC West also has Morgan and Lohaus's son on the team.
Morgan is a 6'7 JR wing and Lohaus is a 6'2 SO pg

West will definitely have another outstanding team next year with the
return of Alexander, Morgan, and Lohaus.
(Believe Batie-Getty?? is also a jr)

Does anyone know what sport Morgan likes best? He's also an excellent WR and has great height 6' 6".. Would love to see him in an Iowa uniform.

Both the boy and girls will probably win titles next year. Their best players are Jrs.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what sport Morgan likes best? He's also an excellent WR and has great height 6' 6".. Would love to see him in an Iowa uniform.

As I understand things Morgan sees bball as more of a future as he has the build of a basketball player, 6'6 and long. Alexander sees football as more in his future as he is 6'2' to 6'3 athletic as heck and a strong kid.

Alexander was BY FAR the best athlete on the floor today. Paige is the better basketball player but Alexander is much more athletic than Paige.

I don't begrudge Marcus for going to UNC, but admittedly I took a little satisfaction in the fact that he was outplayed today.

He wasn't outplayed. He didn't get as much help. West was clearly a better team, but Marcus got his.

Agree. I'm biased towards West since 3 of my nephews attend school their but have to admit Marcus did not have near the supporting cast that Dondre had this year. I actually think Marcus did a great job just getting his team to the state tourney this year. The 49 pts he scored against Kennedy in sub-state has to be one of the best performances of the year.
(especially considering he brought his team back from a 9 pt deficit in the last minute to take the game to OT)

Latest posts