Iowa checking in at #15 this week.

Like I said from the get go, I'm pleasantly shocked were rated this high and would rather be sitting where we are as opposed to where I think we should be. But were both entitled to our opinions and your right, the world doesn't revolve around Iowa, but as an Iowa fan I can also keep things in perspective and disagree that at this moment (based on the last 3 weeks) that we are not playing like a top 25 team. If you've seem anything the last 3 weeks different then that's awesome and your much more optimistic then I am.
The thing is tho, only about 15 teams deserve a top 25 ranking. Every year seems to have more and more parity. The difference between team 10 and team 40 is about 6-8 points probably. Team 40 makes a couple more 3s than normal and team 10 misses one or two, next thing you know the team 10 fanbase is talking about how terrible they are. All while not noticing its happening to everyone else to because there just isn't much separation anymore.

The thing is tho, only about 15 teams deserve a top 25 ranking. Every year seems to have more and more parity. The difference between team 10 and team 40 is about 6-8 points probably. Team 40 makes a couple more 3s than normal and team 10 misses one or two, next thing you know the team 10 fanbase is talking about how terrible they are. All while not noticing its happening to everyone else to because there just isn't much separation anymore.
I totally agree with you on the teams between 10 and 40 being that tight. I guess my point is then reward the team that's hot. I'm not disputing or trying to dispute the talent or who we play night in and night out. I just struggle, as an Iowa fan above all else, how a team that's gone 1-4 in the last 3 weeks gets the benefit of the doubt in the polls. In my world it would make more sense to see a team that's hot come out of know where than to see the team that's struggling hang around, and then if they heat back up again watching them climb back up the ladder.

I've always been one of those guys that feels you're never as great as you think you are after a win or as bad after a loss as you think type of guy, however I firmly believe that cliche of only being as good as your last game. So where I'm coming from mentally is I'll always feel the hotter teams should be on the up and the cold teams should be on their way down.

I totally agree with you on the teams between 10 and 40 being that tight. I guess my point is then reward the team that's hot. I'm not disputing or trying to dispute the talent or who we play night in and night out. I just struggle, as an Iowa fan above all else, how a team that's gone 1-4 in the last 3 weeks gets the benefit of the doubt in the polls. In my world it would make more sense to see a team that's hot come out of know where than to see the team that's struggling hang around, and then if they heat back up again watching them climb back up the ladder.

I've always been one of those guys that feels you're never as great as you think you are after a win or as bad after a loss as you think type of guy, however I firmly believe that cliche of only being as good as your last game. So where I'm coming from mentally is I'll always feel the hotter teams should be on the up and the cold teams should be on their way down.
I agree with you on that. I'm just not sure how many of those teams there are right now. 3/4 of the top 25 are losing once a week it seems like. Even if they were, the people making the polls are too lazy to put that much thought into it.

Latest posts