Iowa calls 3 timeouts...19 sec

Well I think he wanted the shutout for his defense and pulled out all the stops.

Plus enough posters on here have said he is not a Fleck Fan . Didnt Fleck contact some hawk recruits when he first got the minny job?? That is a no no

Kirk went for two points up 26-0 in the late 3rd.

We appeared to try to challenge the non-catch with just over a minute left, but the refs decided to review.

Then we burned 3 TO to try and keep them out of the end zone, and extend PJ's misery.

Postgame handshake was blow-by from both guys.

Good times.

That was the ultimate KF having had enough of Fleck.

Fleck called that TO he did when he shoulda kept clock running. (he shoulda taken his starters out the series before that too but left them in the whole time as well) So KF used all his TOs after that to let him know how ridiculous that was. When asked about it after the game KF said I was taking Floyd home and I thought I'd leave the TOs here..... That will be made a Tshirt as the ultimate 1 liner by KF.

F fleck seriously what are you doing? Like a late TD against Iowas 2nd and 3rd team actually meant anything at that point

From ESPN's article:

"They called a timeout, I guess, to get a look at what we were doing and reconsider," Ferentz said. "So we just wanted to make sure we got a good look at what they were doing. No sense in taking them on the bus with us. [The media] have reminded me of that a couple times over the last 22 years.

"Figured we'd take Floyd with us and leave the timeouts here."

Ferentz and Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck had a very quick handshake following the game.

"They called three timeouts, I don't know," Fleck said. "I have no idea what happened."

Kirk went for two points up 26-0 in the late 3rd.

We appeared to try to challenge the non-catch with just over a minute left, but the refs decided to review.

Then we burned 3 TO to try and keep them out of the end zone, and extend PJ's misery.

Postgame handshake was blow-by from both guys.

Good times.
I had no problem with going up for 2 there. I think lots of coaches would have. If it was 4th q then I dunno... But not at that point in the game.

You're right Iowa was going to challenge that catch if the refs didn't But that's about getting a play on the field correct. The whole reason we have replay in the 1st place. It wasn't a judgement call like holding it was an obvious incomplete pass. But yeah I suppose those added to what may have irked Fleck. What really should irk him though is how bad his defense is and how his O couldn't finish off drives...

From ESPN's article:

"They called a timeout, I guess, to get a look at what we were doing and reconsider," Ferentz said. "So we just wanted to make sure we got a good look at what they were doing. No sense in taking them on the bus with us. [The media] have reminded me of that a couple times over the last 22 years.

Ferentz and Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck had a very quick handshake following the game.

"They called three timeouts, I don't know," Fleck said. "I have no idea what happened."
hahahahaha When you know that he knows that he's full of shit. Obviously he was doing it to stop the clock. Ultimate KF troll job. Ole Fleck has some more learning on the job to do.

They may as well put that no the Floyd plaque. That will sell so many Tshirts it might break the internet. Hayden Fry musta whispered that in his ear to say. So so good

They kept talking about how great Fleck has been for MN. In the 3 seasons before he got there, they were 23-16. In his first 3 seasons, he was 24-16. That's not counting his 4th season where he's 1-3. I guess he's been great for us.

From ESPN's article:

Ferentz said. “ … Figured we’d take Floyd with us and leave the timeouts here.”

That's gold...one of KFz's best quotes ever.

Had to make sure they still had a reason for their “Hate Iowa” chant. LOL. Plus, it’s a nice dig at PJ... Loved it! Great rivalry stuff!!