Iowa Bowl Game

Two potential opposing QB's with little or no game experience if both program's starters aren't playing................I'd tune in to this based on curiosity alone.

Throw a little more humor into this .............Labas name shows up in the portal on Monday. He could still play I believe but it's coach's decision.

This is almost funny. Maybe Hogan v Labas or May, all QBs that couldn't play for Iowa during 2 of the worst P5 offensive showings in modern history. You can't make this up.

1670197783174.png

Nope. Stoops is way older.
If they were, it would have been one year tops. Stoops was a senior in 1988 and Bret might have been a freshman.

Unrelated but perhaps more interesting was a recent Illinois high school championship game who's coaching staffs featured former Hawkeye defensive backs Matt Bowen and Sean Considine. Considine is at his Alma mater of Byron, where he won a state championship as a player in the late '90's.

HN could charter a Ford Taurus to this game and it wouldn’t sell out

I think the only way I would go to this game is if someone picked me up at my house, flew me to Nashville on a private jet, drove me straight to the stadium and hosted a tailgate where I could drink for 3 hours, then flew me back and drove me home.

If they were, it would have been one year tops. Stoops was a senior in 1988 and Bret might have been a freshman.

Unrelated but perhaps more interesting was a recent Illinois high school championship game who's coaching staffs featured former Hawkeye defensive backs Matt Bowen and Sean Considine. Considine is at his Alma mater of Byron, where he won a state championship as a player in the late '90's.
That explains why Byron was so good.

HN could charter a Ford Taurus to this game and it wouldn’t sell out

Especially at the ticket prices they are selling them at. As a STH I get first dibs on bowl game tickets and they are $96 each through the University plus a $20 application fee. Through Ticketmaster you can get tickets as cheap as $20 as of this morning, down from $25 they were at yesterday. I don't see Iowa selling their allotment of tickets.

Especially at the ticket prices they are selling them at. As a STH I get first dibs on bowl game tickets and they are $96 each through the University plus a $20 application fee. Through Ticketmaster you can get tickets as cheap as $20 as of this morning, down from $25 they were at yesterday. I don't see Iowa selling their allotment of tickets.

Yes, but the university allotments are usually prime tickets in the corner of the endzones. Who wouldn't want to pay a premium for those?

Latest posts