Iowa & Big Ten Bowl Projections for 11-21

Not sure if this question has been asked this week or not, but is it fair to say that there is virtually no chance that Iowa could face Alabama in the Outback? I was dreaming up scenarios, and all I could think would be, Auburn beats 'Bama, and then loses to South Carolina in SEC Championship. South Carolina gets auto bid, and then either Auburn or LSU gets SEC's at-large bid, leaving the other of Auburn or LSU for the Capital One Bowl. That slides Alabama to the Outback. Of course, MSU would need to beat PSU making them 7-5, and with Jo Pa coming back next year, we get bid over PSU for Outback. That's a long shot's long shot, isn't it, but possible?

I have been telling my friends all year that I have had a strange feeling that Soup and Iowa were going to be reacquainted with Ryan Mallett come bowl time.

Better than being 7-4 and not even sniffing a BCS Bowl.
Trade records right now with Mich State and we WOULD be in a BCS bowl and they wouldn't. Its obvious. An 11-1 Iowa is FAR FAR more attractive than an 11-1 mich state.
I think that is the point of the original poster...Mich State is not sniffing a bcs bowl and they only have one loss.

I thought it was the Rice Crispies Bowl....and of course KF will give all the platitudes to the people of Ft. Worth or whereever the hell that thing is played and tell them how happy he is to be here playing in this bowl.

Hey KF you and your coaching staff DID NOT GET IT DONE THIS YEAR.

Please reject any bowl offer. I do not want any more agony of watching this team play. YACK this year makes me sick to my stomach. Please just let it end.

Latest posts