Iowa better come ready to play Saturday....

The ****in players come to play every single game. You guys who think the team comes out "flat" or "not ready" are losers. Sorry to be harsh but it's true. These kids work their *** off all ******* year to play in 12 to 13 games. You really think they aren't ready or come out flat? Give me a ******* break

There have been maybe 2-3 games in 10 years that people want to hang the "flat" b.s. on. And honestly, I will give them those because the players and coaches admitted it. However, like most other things, they are just looking for more reasons for struggles and losing to team we "shouldn't". It f'n bull, like many overreactions tend to be....

Seriously, I could see them do a quick onside kick to start the game. Talk about an insult. Talk about momentum if they get it. And if they don't - they'll figure that they sent the message (F.U. IOWA). Would this Iowa squad be resiliant enough to withstand this?

We always play well coming off a loss.

Bwahahaha. You watch any games at the end of 2010? Or that epic 2-6 Big Ten run in 2006?

I have it on good authority that Kurt has wheeled the empty trophy cases into the locker room. It worked well the last time he did it, the defense only gave up 9 points.

The ****in players come to play every single game. You guys who think the team comes out "flat" or "not ready" are losers. Sorry to be harsh but it's true. These kids work their *** off all ******* year to play in 12 to 13 games. You really think they aren't ready or come out flat? Give me a ******* break

Youre thinking of basketball. This thread is about football. The football team has come out like they were half asleep many times over the years.

So Kill rolls out the 2002 tape last year and they "educate" the players about rivalry games even in August camp

Their QB was snubbed by Iowa in recruiting and can't wait to show Iowa what they missed on

Floyd is in their locker room this week

They're 4-0 and confident

Given the chance the Goofers really pour it on which sounds obvious but I think they're coming down here smelling blood in the water

I know this staff/team doesn't do the whole rah rah but if Iowa doesn't match their intensity AGAIN this year it could get ugly.

This might not be the most talented Iowa team but I just hope this team plays a little ****** off for once. Brian Ferentz wants Iowa to be the bullies of the Big Ten again, let's see a glimmer of that and see what this team is made of
Methinks we saw that in the final moments of the CMU game. The onside kick coverage was very unsettling. Just standing around like fools...looked worse than I thought when I saw the replay.

I agree with the above post. We'll come out with much more fire, but I don't see it lasting. We may jump out to a two score lead, but our tendencies will show back up (conservative play calling, mistakes/penalties) and the game will come down to the last posession.

I agree with you, in part. I think we come out spitting fire and pi$$ing vinegar. If we get an early lead/ big lead, KF won't be so quick to pull the dogs off.
I hope it turns into a situation where we take our frustrations out for the last two years, as well as frustrations from last week (and to send a message to a the negative Nancy's of the world).
At least, that is what I hope happens...

I hope the Iowa fans come out in force. I don't want a lot of MN fans in my section. There's going to0 be to many as it is, I'm sure. Maybe we can do the "Who hates Minnesota" cheer.

I don't know the cheer, but if I'm sitting in your section, I will either learn it real quick; or be the guy who says all the words a half of a second behind everyone else. Ha!

Down with the goofers!!

This team had better be ready to play every game even if we were playing Downers Grove High and Scorp was under center.

I don't care what game you play, nobody has their A game everyday, and there are days it's just not there, but you should at least be prepared.

Are Golphers ready for big bad, Iowa?
StarTribune September 26, 2012 - 12:54 AM

Jerry Kill > What does Iowa look like ?
" Iowa looks like what Iowa always looks like, big, strong, physical, come down hill hit you in the mouth, plays good defense, keeps the ball in front of them, mix it up on ya, they are who they are and they're very good and we go to Iowa City to play on their turf, so we have our work cut out for us, but were looking forward to the challenge".

Hawkeyes suffering hangover from 2011 finish StarTribune September 27, 2012 - 7:36 AM

"There have been a lot of adjectives thrown around about Iowa's football team lately, many of them coming from the inside. Disappointing. Lackluster. Confusing."

This team had better be ready to play every game even if we were playing Downers Grove High and Scorp was under center.

I don't care what game you play, nobody has their A game everyday, and there are days it's just not there, but you should at least be prepared.

WE ARE THE MUSTANGS, THE MIGHTY MIGHTY MUSTANGS, SO SAY HEY! HEY! HEY!

You obviously didn't see the 2010 Minnesota game.

Latest posts