Iowa better come ready to play Saturday....

northendzone1

So Kill rolls out the 2002 tape last year and they "educate" the players about rivalry games even in August camp

Their QB was snubbed by Iowa in recruiting and can't wait to show Iowa what they missed on

Floyd is in their locker room this week

They're 4-0 and confident

Given the chance the Goofers really pour it on which sounds obvious but I think they're coming down here smelling blood in the water

I know this staff/team doesn't do the whole rah rah but if Iowa doesn't match their intensity AGAIN this year it could get ugly.

This might not be the most talented Iowa team but I just hope this team plays a little ****** off for once. Brian Ferentz wants Iowa to be the bullies of the Big Ten again, let's see a glimmer of that and see what this team is made of

Iowa ready to play? Haha. If minnesota is smart it onside kicks every time it has to.

Kill has kuhrts number. He gets his players fired up to play this game whereas Iowa players look like they could care less.

Kirk is one of the best coaches in the country. He'll have a masterful game plan and the boys will be fired up and ready to play.

We might not win the game but there isn't a chance in hell that we come out flat again like we did last week. I can guarantee that. We always play well coming off a loss. Again if this team has enough talent to win the game is really the only question at least for this week.

I agree with the above post. We'll come out with much more fire, but I don't see it lasting. We may jump out to a two score lead, but our tendencies will show back up (conservative play calling, mistakes/penalties) and the game will come down to the last posession.

I am predicting a win. Iowa sucks, but this is just one of those games they will win b/c lets face it--Minny ain't that good either. KF will tear up like we just beat bammer. Fans, myself included, will start thinking about Indy. Then, we will get flayed by the second and third Michigan schools this year.

I hope the Iowa fans come out in force. I don't want a lot of MN fans in my section. There's going to0 be to many as it is, I'm sure. Maybe we can do the "Who hates Minnesota" cheer.

Last edited:
The ****in players come to play every single game. You guys who think the team comes out "flat" or "not ready" are losers. Sorry to be harsh but it's true. These kids work their *** off all ******* year to play in 12 to 13 games. You really think they aren't ready or come out flat? Give me a ******* break

The ****in players come to play every single game. You guys who think the team comes out "flat" or "not ready" are losers. Sorry to be harsh but it's true. These kids work their *** off all ******* year to play in 12 to 13 games. You really think they aren't ready or come out flat? Give me a ******* break

I think the Defense comes out ready to play in the 2nd half.........1st half....not so much.

I think the Defense comes out ready to play in the 2nd half.........1st half....not so much.

Yeah I'm sure they come out not ready to play......I mean, why would they? Playing in front of 70K fans, playing a game they love, something they've worked for the last 9 months....I'm sure they are yawning when they come on the field.

Did some of you ever play sports?

We might not win the game but there isn't a chance in hell that we come out flat again like we did last week. I can guarantee that. We always play well coming off a loss. Again if this team has enough talent to win the game is really the only question at least for this week.

I wouldn't exactly say we came out flat. IMO after that easy opening drive I think we forgot that we had the rest of a game to play and started looking toward Minnesota.

Yeah I'm sure they come out not ready to play......I mean, why would they? Playing in front of 70K fans, playing a game they love, something they've worked for the last 9 months....I'm sure they are yawning when they come on the field.

Did some of you ever play sports?

100% agree. I don't understand all the talk blaming the coaches for not getting a team fired up. When I played I was usually so amped up that the coaches had to do the opposite and try to calm me down a bit. If a player can't find it within himself to pump himself up he shouldn't be on the field.

I wouldn't exactly say we came out flat. IMO after that easy opening drive I think we forgot that we had the rest of a game to play and started looking toward Minnesota.

I'm sure as JV was dropping back to pass he had his thoughts on Minnesota......

By no means am I defending Vandy. Haven't yet and haven't been a fan from day one despite him playing high school ball a county away. I'm simply stating the fact that everyone wants to come out and play the "we came out flat" card when our offense moved the ball the opening drive as well as we have all year. That is not coming out flat. Vandy's problem is he was more clueless than usual after the opening drive. But we did not come out flat offensively. We came out as we should have and then immediately shut down after that opening drive for whatever reason.

Latest posts