Iowa beats nebby 26-6

Nebby wrestled hard, only allowing one bonus pt match for Iowa (Lee).
Iowa won 8 of 10 matches, with great wins from Lee, Young and Marinelli. None bigger than Abe Assad's upset of #5Venz!
Great crowd at CHA and Great WIN!
Next victim up ....tOSU

Iowa way to tentative. I am a big fan but was very disappointed. Brands said the same thing, Iowa was not attacking.

Nebby wrestled hard, only allowing one bonus pt match for Iowa (Lee).
Iowa won 8 of 10 matches, with great wins from Lee, Young and Marinelli. None bigger than Abe Assad's upset of #5Venz!
Great crowd at CHA and Great WIN!
Next victim up ....tOSU
Looks like Assad is living up to all the hype. Pretty amazing as a true freshman.

Good win but the dual was much closer than the score.

Nebraska has a sneaky good squad, though. For some reason, they have been wildly inconsistent this year, but when they are locked in they are much better than their #10 ranking. Watch out for Lovett at 133. He was a big-time recruit that is going to make a lot of noise. Robb and Thomsen will as well.

That said, we may have been looking past them a bit with OSU and PSU meets coming up.

I personally wasn't surprised at the losses. Red is a solid wrestler but Max kind of reverted back to his form last season - no angles, frustration, then poorly timed shots.

Warner was, well, Warner. Lost concentration then gave up the TD with 10 seconds left to lose. He has all the talent and should be right there competing for national titles, but can't seem to dedicate himself to what it takes to take that next step. Frustrating and disheartening at the same time.

Kemerer keeps rounding into form which is nice to see. His conditioning isn't there yet to where he can wrestle at his preferred pace but he looks healthy and that should improve.

Last edited:
Against OSU - I'm predicting Iowa wins at least 6 probably 8 matches. Probably get 3 bonus point wins to zero. So - score ... 28 - 9.

Latest posts