IOWA BEAT MSU!

TwinCitiesHawk

Weaksauce
Awesome win! Ugly, but good defense and solid running and beat a team who destroyed the Hawks at home last year! It was great to see the excitement going into overtime on the sidelines (players jumping up and down), and the dog pile at the end after Castillo's interception. THAT was the emotion we've all been waiting to see! Hard fought, emotional victory after a rough start to the season, and it was great to get some revenge for last year! Suck a nut and eat skunk *** Sparty!

Awesome win! Ugly, but good defense and solid running and beat a team who destroyed the Hawks at home last year! It was great to see the excitement going into overtime on the sidelines (players jumping up and down), and the dog pile at the end after Castillo's interception. THAT was the emotion we've all been waiting to see! Hard fought, emotional victory after a rough start to the season, and it was great to get some revenge for last year! Suck a nut and eat skunk *** Sparty!

+1

I would also say the emotion on the kickoff coverage is enough to pump you up! Those guys are screaming like crazy baboons, flying around like monkeys on fire, and as excited as grape ape! Fun to watch.

I was surprised to see Marvin McNutt come out of the bottom of that dog pile! How in the hell...

It's always good to punk D'bagtonio on his home field...ahhhhh...

Last edited:
Check it out, jumping up and down on the sidelines! Hawkeye Gangnam Style PSY vs Michigan State 2012 - YouTube

I know how much we all get upset when Ferentz doesn't let them be excited on the sidelines. I'm just glad he loosened the reigns and let them do a little jumping yesterday! Or maybe he was just letting them warm up with it being so cold out?

Do you really think KF forbids them from being excited on the sidelines?

Seriously, pull your head out of your ***.

Do you really think KF forbids them from being excited on the sidelines?

Seriously, pull your head out of your ***.

Apparently you missed my sarcasm. I was making fun of the high number of posters on this board who seem to think KF purposely tones down the team's emotion, and that the Hawks are just a bunch of football-playing zombies on Saturdays. Hell, I even remember a poster saying KF tried to get the team to "calm down and focus" when they were getting set to play ISU.

In case you didn't notice (which apparently you didn't) I'm glad the players were amped up, and I'm sure KF has no problem with this.

Apparently you missed my sarcasm. I was making fun of the high number of posters on this board who seem to think KF purposely tones down the team's emotion, and that the Hawks are just a bunch of football-playing zombies on Saturdays. Hell, I even remember a poster saying KF tried to get the team to "calm down and focus" when they were getting set to play ISU.

In case you didn't notice (which apparently you didn't) I'm glad the players were amped up, and I'm sure KF has no problem with this.
We need our detectors checked...I thought you were serious too...

I feel shame...but always remember, the best sarcasm always leaves 'em wondering!;)

I didn't miss your sarcasm at all Twin.

Yeah, I'm happy anytime we get a win over Sparty and Dantonio. I was actually shocked to see the stadium wasn't full. In the past two years Sparty has tied for the Big 10 title, played in the Big 10 title game, had back to back 11 win seasons and was 4-2 coming into this game and couldn't even fill up their stadium.

We need our detectors checked...I thought you were serious too...

I feel shame...but always remember, the best sarcasm always leaves 'em wondering!;)

Fair enough! It's too bad there is so much rampant negativity and similar posts on this site that my blatant sarcasm went un-noticed. Oh well! just trying to pump a lil positivity into this place.

Yeah, I'm happy anytime we get a win over Sparty and Dantonio. I was actually shocked to see the stadium wasn't full. In the past two years Sparty has tied for the Big 10 title, played in the Big 10 title game, had back to back 11 win seasons and was 4-2 coming into this game and couldn't even fill up their stadium.

This gave me some pause to reflect. In the next few years, Iowa's program may be in better shape than some would lead you to believe. There are so many programs that don't have what Iowa has on a weekly basis.

Teams that struggle to fill their stadium:
Illinois
Indiana
jNW
Minny
Purdon't

I even saw empty seats at PSU this year. And now...MSU?

Go hawks.

With this very young team, 2012 will still be a struggle, but I'm confident they'll be good the next few years.

Latest posts