Iowa Basketball

I like many have become frustrated to the point in the first time in a long time I turned off the TV against minny and didnt watch but 5 minutes against illinois. I will attempt to watch every game and be patient with this young team. Few thoughts for everyone and would love your input:

1. Iowa seemingly has the best recruiting class under Lick coming in. If lick is fired, I dont foresee any of them not coming unless a shocker appears. I feel they all want to come to Iowa for a reason other than Lick.

2. The product on the floor is terrible. I love Iowa, but ugly and disturbing is an understatement. I was friends with Jake Kelly, and have talked with yes one other player that defected after his defection. I swear to anything this is true. Quotes like "In my two years under him I maybe had two conversations with him during this time about anything other than basketball". "the game wasnt fun anymore, we tried to push the tempo and practice would stop to slow it down to his style". "Basketball wasnt fun anymore". Translation, they do not like Lickliter or his style as none of us do either as fans.

3. I feel that Iowa is underachieving. We should be knocking on the top 25 door each year here at Iowa and be very respectable at least. NIT should be a disapointment not a reward or something you look forward to.

4. IN essence or lastly, we ran out our last coach. His name is not necessary. We also ran out the coach before, we WILL run this one out deservingly. I feel the other two gave us chances to win one albeit better than the other, but still would rather have them now. I feel Lick is a disapointment and is actually not a power conference coach. Finally I WILL be at carver supporting this team, however, Carver would be full with a new coach in two years with these new recruits coming in. Full I said it Full.

I agree with most of what you say. I think the recruits coming in would be good if they were to be playing for a new coach instead of Lick. If he were to stay for his whole seven years I can't see him ever having a team that will finish higher than seventh or eighth place.

#1 is a sad statement by itself. The best recruiting class is four 3 star players.

#2 is not surprising. Basketball is about having fun and playing to win not playing not to lose which is the current style of ball.

#3 I agree completely. We ran alford out because we weren't making the NCAAs on a regular basis and the NIT should always be viewed as a failure.

#4 - no argument here and even if we would lose one or two of those players its not like the bottom would fall out.

Good post.

#1- You are just talking, you have no idea either way.
#2- You are friends with JK, he did not want to be at Iowa. So we have 2 friends that do not like TL,move on.
#3- No Kidding, most fans wish for this.
#4- Davis was treated bad,but Alfraud sprinted South to a BIG TIME JOB.

Sorry you don't like TL.

Go Hawks!!!!!

Thanks for posting what's already been posted a billion times.

Wouldn't be easier to start a "We can't stand Iowa Basketball Thread" and let everyone post there?

How about a new forum Jon?

Latest posts