Iowa Basketball Signs Josh Dix, Dasonte Bowen

These are both great pick ups for Fran IMO - I've seen the kid from Council Bluffs, he's good.

I'm absolutely eating Crow about the twins, paired with a wine, delicious. I thought they were fall backs. Never been so wrong before or so happy about it. Saw Dix's highlights and I'm excited to see him throwing down on guys. I know, excited about Dix's. Gonna be a lot of that going forward. My daughter work's at Dick's Sporting Goods and it never gets old asking her how things are going with Dick's, if she happy with her position with Dick's, so on and so on. She's a good sport, I think. I think it's foolish to question Fran's selection of talent. He might not get them to sign but he knows his business.

So, even with under rated twins who turned out like diamonds in the rough and the addition of two heavily recruited guys for 2022, where are the posters who dissed the twins and said Fran couldn’t recruit. Waiting.

I don’t recall those posters, I remember posters that felt the twins would be projects and I’d fit that category. If they DO exist why in the hell do you want to call them back here?

So, even with under rated twins who turned out like diamonds in the rough and the addition of two heavily recruited guys for 2022, where are the posters who dissed the twins and said Fran couldn’t recruit. Waiting.
Remember the coals raked over Fran for missing on Foster, and instead he signed the Murray twins? Thankfully the dumb dumb’s on here are only barely qualified to post on the internet.

Who knows much much transferring to that academy their senior years ended up improving their game. I know high end kids play AAU six to nine months a year but the Murray kids' team in Florida was more structured, better coached. And the competition was probably a little more stringent than Iowa's Mississippi Valley Conference, tough as that league can be in a good year.

Mostly many of us were skeptical because we've seen recent Hawkeye legacies before at Iowa and other schools. Wyatt Lohaus, Jeremy Morgan and Darius Stokes were marginal to pedestrian D1 players. Devyn Marble, Matt Gatens and JBo have been better. Realistically the best you could project the Murray's as juniors in high school was somewhere in between in that mix.

Maybe the timing is right. Look around the NCAA'S, and last year's tournament, and you will see countless examples of a player with Keegan's skill set thriving in today's game.Thirty years ago perhaps he's just a Treg Lee or a Parish Hickman or a Matt Nover or a Ian Stanback.

Remember the coals raked over Fran for missing on Foster, and instead he signed the Murray twins? Thankfully the dumb dumb’s on here are only barely qualified to post on the internet.

Hindsight is awesome isn't it? Cripes sake Foster was one of the top recruits in the country, are you really suggesting that you had the insight to know that the Murray twins would be better than Foster? Let's get real, Foster was a major talent who screwed up his life while the twins turned out to be talents that flew under the radar. We were ALL "dumb dumbs" back then, and this likely includes you unless you can show me proof of where you had the foresight of this outcome.

Foster was a major recruiting miss AT THAT TIME, I have no shame in admitting that I was disappointed when he chose Iowa State nor do I blame EVERYONE who was disappointed back then either. History tells us the more top 100 recruits a team can get the more success they wind up having, there will always be exceptions.

Hindsight is awesome isn't it? Cripes sake Foster was one of the top recruits in the country, are you really suggesting that you had the insight to know that the Murray twins would be better than Foster? Let's get real, Foster was a major talent who screwed up his life while the twins turned out to be talents that flew under the radar. We were ALL "dumb dumbs" back then, and this likely includes you unless you can show me proof of where you had the foresight of this outcome.

Foster was a major recruiting miss AT THAT TIME, I have no shame in admitting that I was disappointed when he chose Iowa State nor do I blame EVERYONE who was disappointed back then either. History tells us the more top 100 recruits a team can get the more success they wind up having, there will always be exceptions.
I’m just saying, the sky was falling after Carton and Foster on this board. I of course wanted those players as well, but I also have been a “this program is as healthy as it’s ever been” guy on this board for literally 10 years. It’s well documented. You can see years and years of me calling out dumbies - neither of those guys will ever play in the NCAA tournament - meanwhile Fran is going to the dance and dishing out 1st team All B1G players and all Americans on the reg. I’ve been a “trust Fran to produce awesome players guy” for over a decade on HN and you don’t have to search hard to find that.

I’m just saying, the sky was falling after Carton and Foster on this board. I of course wanted those players as well, but I also have been a “this program is as healthy as it’s ever been” guy on this board for literally 10 years. It’s well documented. You can see years and years of me calling out dumbies - neither of those guys will ever play in the NCAA tournament - meanwhile Fran is going to the dance and dishing out 1st team All B1G players and all Americans on the reg. I’ve been a “trust Fran to produce awesome players guy” for over a decade on HN and you don’t have to search hard to find that.

For good reason, those were both 2 HUGE prospects that Iowa did not get at the time. It's only natural for there to be some sort of melt downs from the fan base on a message board. You calling out the "dumbies" is really unproductive and it gets tiring. You've been doing it for "years and years", what have you accomplished?

I for one appreciate the different perspectives, even some of those "dumbies". If you want a forum where everyone thinks everything is wonderful with sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns then this place isn't for you.

We have to thank JoshO for getting Bowen

We are going to need Josh's size and skills in the middle

The limited-time he had on the floor last year showed improvement
as the season went on

I do remember a monster slam one game

He had the advantage of learning from Luka in practice

This is a very good recruiting day for Fran and Hawkeye fans

Sandfort is going to fit with these lads

Future looking rosy for the Hawks

We don’t know how he would have turned out with Luka, Wiesy, and J-BO giving him direction and leadership cmpared to the clown show at ISU!

That was nothing compared to tksirius when we didn't get Tyreke Locure.

FYI ... Locure is now at Alabama-Birmingham (transferred from South Alabama). 5 points in 9 minutes in their opener vs UNC Asheville on Tuesday.

Latest posts