Iowa Basketball Signs 3 in '23 Class

Might be the best Hawkeye basketball recruiting class since George Raveling was coach

Marble, Horton, Armstrong, Louhaus, Gamble, and co might be the best of all time but
this '23 class is right there and still more to come perhaps

Might be the best Hawkeye basketball recruiting class since George Raveling was coach

Marble, Horton, Armstrong, Louhaus, Gamble, and co might be the best of all time but
this '23 class is right there and still more to come perhaps
? 247 has us 44 overall and 10th in Big Ten Michigan State Ohio State in top 10

Harding and Sandfort look legit to me. Harding is hopefully a quicker/better defender version of what JBo was.... Hyperbole on my part but you get my drift.

Sandfort kinda reminds me of Joe Wieskamp. He can just score by whatever means he wants to at the HS level it's almost too easy for him. Put about 20 lbs of muscle on him and I'm excited to see how his game translates to D1 too.

Freeman kinda gives me the vibes of the big kid we currently have on the roster Mulvey. Hopefully I'm wrong about that. We really need him or one of the bigs to step up. As good as I think Rebracca will be this yr I don't think he's a 32 plus min a game guy. He'll get in foul trouble if he plays that much I bet. It'd be tough not to in this league

Yeah, you sign local guys and nobody pays attention.
No doubt. I don't think these guys are on the national scene in AAU or whatever so yeah they'll slip through the cracks nationally. Doesn't mean they aren't legit though not by a long shot

Harding and Sandfort look legit to me. Harding is hopefully a quicker/better defender version of what JBo was.... Hyperbole on my part but you get my drift.

Sandfort kinda reminds me of Joe Wieskamp. He can just score by whatever means he wants to at the HS level it's almost too easy for him. Put about 20 lbs of muscle on him and I'm excited to see how his game translates to D1 too.

Freeman kinda gives me the vibes of the big kid we currently have on the roster Mulvey. Hopefully I'm wrong about that. We really need him or one of the bigs to step up. As good as I think Rebracca will be this yr I don't think he's a 32 plus min a game guy. He'll get in foul trouble if he plays that much I bet. It'd be tough not to in this league
I don't get that vibe at all. He had multiple Big Ten offers, including MSU. A more athletic version of Garza.

Well either these rating experts really don’t know what they are doing or Fran it one of if not the top coach in America at developing college basketball players. You know the ole saying “usually the truth is in the middle somewhere.”

Please remind me as I can’t remember who won the Big Ten Tournament last year???

Yea Fran does a pretty good job of developing players especially the big kids. And Iowa made a nice run in the Big Ten tournament to give him his first championship in his tenure at Iowa. Not so good in the Big Dance

I love all three of these guys, watch some of their highlights, you will be entertained. Hope Fran can find a defensive shot blocker in the portal.

Mere idle speculation on my part

Wild guess if you will

By the By, I happened to find this today on the internet

We also have JR's son coming onboard also

Cheers

:cool:

Unfortunately:

TJ Power committed to MFing Duke

JP Estrella committed to Tennessee, those Evil Bastards

We do have recent history with the Tennessee basketball team

The Hawkeyes earned the No. 10 seed in the South Regional in the NCAA Tournament. In the first round, the Hawkeyes came from behind to upset seventh-seed Cincinnati (79–72). Then, Iowa faced off against second seed Tennessee in the Round of 32. The Hawkeyes came back from a 25–point deficit in the first half to send the game to overtime, which was won by Tennessee.

Unfortunately:

TJ Power committed to MFing Duke

JP Estrella committed to Tennessee, those Evil Bastards

We do have recent history with the Tennessee basketball team

The Hawkeyes earned the No. 10 seed in the South Regional in the NCAA Tournament. In the first round, the Hawkeyes came from behind to upset seventh-seed Cincinnati (79–72). Then, Iowa faced off against second seed Tennessee in the Round of 32. The Hawkeyes came back from a 25–point deficit in the first half to send the game to overtime, which was won by Tennessee.
Could you imagine if both of them had became Hawks?... At one point it seemed possible. Things could be nuts at Iowa right now. Not to mention the Omaha Bielew kid that went to ISU. What was up with his recruitment? We seemed out of the running for him pretty early on. Why go to ISU over all the options he had

Freeman is probably the top recruit of the class he was offered by some big time programs. But I just can't compare this class to Horton Armstrong Lohaus Gamble and Marble. Not even in the same ball park

We also had the Vanilla Gorilla on that team

And Gary Wright, I believe

George Raveling was a master recruiter

Tom Davis inherited a Dream Team

:cool:

Latest posts