Iowa Basketball Mt. Rushmore

99topdawg

On BTN.com you can now vote for your top 4 players in Iowa Basketball history. I will be interested to see the results. It was pretty tough for me. Would have liked to have seen John Johnson on the list. No Uthoff either.

Link

On BTN.com you can now vote for your top 4 players in Iowa Basketball history. I will be interested to see the results. It was pretty tough for me. Would have liked to have seen John Johnson on the list. No Uthoff either.

Link

Why didnt they just create a form with four fields so people could write in their own choices.

Yes write in, they don't know anything. How could they leave out Murray Wier consensus all American in 1947-1948, lead the NCAA in scoring.

I voted for Lester, nelson, Armstrong and Marble

I had Brown instead of Nelson. I really don't know about the ones before I started watching and have trouble comparing guys from my youth (Davis teams) with Alford guys (I was older, but time has passed), and current players, so I certainly wouldn't say that the 4 I chose are correct.

Lester, Brown, Nelson, Williams (I watched Sam W. play and thought he was one of the best bb players I have ever seen, bar none)

Link

Wtf would Uthoff be doing on that list? Love the kid but he's not in that group.

Also, the guy that is our 3rd all time scorer, 7th in rebounds, and 2nd in blocks is not on the list.

I like #wundergrape's list. Lots of incredible talent. Picking 5 is tough. BTN missed a few I think.

http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/show...Best-Iowa-Basketball-Players-of-All-Time-List
[h=1]My 35 Best Iowa Basketball Players of All-Time List[/h]I love lists and I'm on winter break.

1. Ronnie Lester
2. Sam Williams
3. John Johnson
4. Herb Wilkinson
5. BJ Armstrong
6. Don Nelson
7. Dick Ives
8. Carl Cain
9. Murray Weir
10. Roy Marble
11. Downtown Freddy Brown
12. Kevin Kunnert
13. Acie Earl
14. Andre Woolridge
15. Greg Stokes
16. Bruce King
17. Dave Gunther
18. Ed Horton
19. Charles Darling
20. George Peeples
21. Jess Settles
22. Greg Brunner
23. Dean Oliver
24. Adam Haluska
25. Chad Calabria
26. Bill Seaberg
27. Jeff Horner
28. Bill Logan
29. Matt Gatens
30. Reggie Evans
31. Chris Pervall
32. Ryan Bowen
33. Roy Devyn Marble
34. Luke Recker
35. Bob Hansen

I laughed that they listed both Acie Earl and Aaron White as being 2nd in all-time scoring for Iowa.

Link

Where's Reggie Evans on that list? He dominated for two years!

I voted 1.) Lester 2.) Marble Sr. 3.) Nelson 4.) Williams. It killed me to leave Downtown Freddie Brown off the list. A healthy Ronnie Lester was one of the best basketball players I ever saw play live. The old Fieldhouse was also one of my favorite venues. And I now feel old.

Latest posts