IOWA B1G Preview

If we can run the ball some the rest will come around. Maybe even get up to the intermediate passing level. We were last. This year we need to jump over 30 places which is doable. If we jump over 50 places we will surprise someone
That someone will be me.

Exactly. The problem with the offense of late, especially last year, is that because our QB was so untalented in throwing the ball and also unable to run the ball, defenses just loaded the box to stop the running backs. There was no fear of a pass doing much damage.

With a more creative OC and a QB that can hopefully hit an open WR in space, and perhaps use his legs now and then, the defenses should have to loosen up a bit and allow for some more running lanes for our talented RB corp.
I would love to see defenses having to react to different threats, as you noted. I go to a lot of games in Kinnick and I like to watch the LOS. Defenses just crowd the line of scrimmage, with predictable results. Hopefully this year will be a bit different.

We also have to take some shots down field.
To take shots down the field, we have to have a QB who can throw down the field. Sounds like consistency on the QB front has been spotty to poor. We've been saying this same thing down in AZ for the last couple of years, but they just can't seem to pull the trigger on anything downfield. Maybe Lester can figure it out.

To take shots down the field, we have to have a QB who can throw down the field. Sounds like consistency on the QB front has been spotty to poor. We've been saying this same thing down in AZ for the last couple of years, but they just can't seem to pull the trigger on anything downfield. Maybe Lester can figure it out.
And an O-Line that can pick up the blitzer.

Best time to take a shot or shots is during the first three quarters not when your down by two scores in the fourth quarter. Hopefully we will see some of this. Like you I am hoping Lester can figure things out. I am thinking Cade has the stronger arm for this. Accuracy??? Now that’s a different subject.

If we can run the ball some the rest will come around. Maybe even get up to the intermediate passing level. We were last. This year we need to jump over 30 places which is doable. If we jump over 50 places we will surprise someone,
I think we'll surprise a lot of people if jump over 30 places, but I agree that the offense climbs 50 spots it has the potential to be a fun year.