IOWA B1G Preview

I hope if and when Cade starts to play within himself and his abilities he may come around and we could then see the QB that led Michigan to a conference championship. I would LOVE to see the starting and backup QB’s rise to their maximum abilities and carry Iowa to a playoff birth.

Thanks, D. Fact check: What did Scott say about Iowa’s record when they crossed over to the East?

Out surfing You Tube today and found Rob and Scott Hotspottimg……….. from yesterday. Fun listen! Further on into the podcast after a short Caitlin conversation Rob and Scott don’t pull any punches on the Iowa QB situation. I love the honesty and integrity!!!

Last edited:
I’m all about watching the D wreck stuff and playing Final Fantasy X when we’re on offense.

Check google and ye shall f find:

Adamson is a Denver native. She graduated from Boston College and then got her master’s in broadcast journalism from Boston University. She then worked for local stations in Syracuse, N.Y., and Indianapolis before landing the job with the Pac-12 Network, where she spent the last 12 years.

Her time in Indy should have given some B1G exposure.

I can honestly say I never once watch the Pac 12 Network so no surprise I haven't heard of her.

I'll look forward to watching her!

There is a quality Big Ten starter in that QB room. Maybe two. I am convinced of that. They need time and a space to grow into the offense. Might take a game or two, but the reps are growing by the day for both QBs. KF needs to trust his OC's judgment on who should be playing at the most important position on the field. If he does, Lester will serve up a below average, but not terrible, offense, at least. Might just be enough for a special season.

Check google and ye shall f find:

Adamson is a Denver native. She graduated from Boston College and then got her master’s in broadcast journalism from Boston University. She then worked for local stations in Syracuse, N.Y., and Indianapolis before landing the job with the Pac-12 Network, where she spent the last 12 years.

Her time in Indy should have given some B1G exposure.

I can honestly say I never once watch the Pac 12 Network so no surprise I haven't heard of her.

I'll look forward to watching her!
Michele Aurbach moved on and landed at NBC.

If we can run the ball some the rest will come around. Maybe even get up to the intermediate passing level. We were last. This year we need to jump over 30 places which is doable. If we jump over 50 places we will surprise someone

If we can run the ball some the rest will come around. Maybe even get up to the intermediate passing level. We were last. This year we need to jump over 30 places which is doable. If we jump over 50 places we will surprise someone
Exactly. The problem with the offense of late, especially last year, is that because our QB was so untalented in throwing the ball and also unable to run the ball, defenses just loaded the box to stop the running backs. There was no fear of a pass doing much damage.

With a more creative OC and a QB that can hopefully hit an open WR in space, and perhaps use his legs now and then, the defenses should have to loosen up a bit and allow for some more running lanes for our talented RB corp.

I suspected the BTN would hire a couple broadcasters from the Pac 12 and Adamson was one of them. She's pretty good, IMO.

Out of curiosity, I watched my first preview show of one of the Pac 12 schools joining the B1G, USC.

Although their last natty was 20 years ago, I'd forgotten USC has won 11 nattys. DiNardo, who was the only legacy BTN analyst in attendance, kept saying the USC is one of those schools that can recruit just about anybody in the nation they want to. I assume this means they have their NIL in order.

the third announce, whose name I never did catch, seemed almost like a USC cheerleader. He kept saying to watch out for the Grojans, they are loaded and ready to make their mark this year in the B1G. DiNardo kep trying to tamp down his enthusiasm but he wouldn't be denied, he believes in them even though they lost a lot of players from last year.

I noticed on USC's schedule they play Utah St led by Spencer Petras, at least I assume he's still leading them, early in the season. It will be interesting to see how he does.

I suspected the BTN would hire a couple broadcasters from the Pac 12 and Adamson was one of them. She's pretty good, IMO.

Out of curiosity, I watched my first preview show of one of the Pac 12 schools joining the B1G, USC.

Although their last natty was 20 years ago, I'd forgotten USC has won 11 nattys. DiNardo, who was the only legacy BTN analyst in attendance, kept saying the USC is one of those schools that can recruit just about anybody in the nation they want to. I assume this means they have their NIL in order.

the third announce, whose name I never did catch, seemed almost like a USC cheerleader. He kept saying to watch out for the Grojans, they are loaded and ready to make their mark this year in the B1G. DiNardo kep trying to tamp down his enthusiasm but he wouldn't be denied, he believes in them even though they lost a lot of players from last year.

I noticed on USC's schedule they play Utah St led by Spencer Petras, at least I assume he's still leading them, early in the season. It will be interesting to see how he does.
Go Spence!

I looked at USC's schedule and it's tough: Mich, LSU, PSU, ND could all be losses (they'll be underdogs in all, likely). They also play Washington, UCLA, Nebraska, Rutgers... could be tough games. Seems like maybe 4-6 losses if they aren't substantially better on Defense, no?

One of the downsides to expanding the conference is that it further waters down how much coverage schools like Iowa get. They have four more teams to cover now. It would be worth considering having some alt programming to try and cover more ground. Like BigTen West and East channels focused on half the teams. They have multiple channels they can use for such endeavors.

Latest posts