Iowa Athletics Allowing Alcohol Sales at Kinnick, Carver

Barta: “While there is an opportunity for increased revenue, this decision was based on enhancing the fan experience and providing an additional amenity to our fans." Liar. If additional revenue was not involved, no way they are making this change. I challenge anyone to name 5 other "additional amenities" that are not considered basic to any sporting venue that UI has made solely to "enhance the fan experience" for the average fan (not those in suites or boxes) at Kinnick.

Barta: “While there is an opportunity for increased revenue, this decision was based on enhancing the fan experience and providing an additional amenity to our fans." Liar. If additional revenue was not involved, no way they are making this change. I challenge anyone to name 5 other "additional amenities" that are not considered basic to any sporting venue that UI has made solely to "enhance the fan experience" for the average fan (not those in suites or boxes) at Kinnick.
And in all the years that this could have been implemented he just so happens to do it after covid hits and after a year without fans, in which revenue took a hit and Kinnick's finally opening back up. Yeah I'm sure revenue had nothing to do with this decision, because this is one of those amenities that was just discovered. Who knew fans had a desire to be able to drink and purchase alcohol inside Iowa venues. Get this genius a raise.

And in all the years that this could have been implemented he just so happens to do it after covid hits and after a year without fans, in which revenue took a hit and Kinnick's finally opening back up. Yeah I'm sure revenue had nothing to do with this decision, because this is one of those amenities that was just discovered. Who knew fans had a desire to be able to drink and purchase alcohol inside Iowa venues. Get this genius a raise.
Haha. "enhancing the fan experience".... Yeah I suppose it does that but if the school couldn't make a significant amount of money it wouldn't even be considered still... He's not fooling anyone

Who knew you could generate revenue with the sales of alcohol and sporting events. I hope the expand the jail cells in the basement of Kinnick!

1623370717501.png

The common drunk fan....Slurred speech: Hey Ref, Hey Ref! That was a foul! That was chargin' all the way. His feet were planted. Yes! Chargin all the way! Norm, uh his feet were planted. Oh get my.....Oh get that bozo there...glasses!

Is this what Dolph and Eddy also really need on gameday.....more access to booze?

They needed to allow it during the Lickliter Era/Error
No,no. Binge drinking would have gone rampant.