Iowa Athletic Donations to take a hit

Hawkfromnorwalk

Des Moines Register @DMregister
Bill Krause, @kumandgo founder, dies at 78. http://t.co/i80UJtXKwo

Krause was one of the main big wig donors to the athletic program including $5 million towards Kinnick's renovation a few years back.

RIP Mr. Krause. Thanks for the contributions to U of I academics and athletics. I enjoyed being part of the Krause Fund in its early days!

Actually, his passing may have the opposite effect on athletic donations- alot of those big donors leaved ALOT of money to universities in their will.

Bill Krause did alot for me.

He put me through school basically.
A great man who really helped Hampton Iowa out alot in the 1970's and 80's

Bill Krause did alot for me.

He put me through school basically.
A great man who really helped Hampton Iowa out alot in the 1970's and 80's

Good stuff. Sounds like a quality individual. My condolences to his family and those whose lives he touched.

Bill absolutely loved everything about the University of Iowa. One of the Hawks biggest cheerleaders and supported both sides of the river.

Bill absolutely loved everything about the University of Iowa. One of the Hawks biggest cheerleaders and supported both sides of the river.[/QUOT

I met Bill the day of the Kinnick statue dedication on the Krause family plaza. A great Hawkeye supporter and family indeed.

And quite the contrary...I don't think donations will take a hit. I'd expect there will be some kind of endowment in Mr Krause's will.

Last edited:
Roland Holden was another great business owner- pretty much financed my education by supplying jobs for hundreds of kids.

Both of his sons are in the business and University of Iowa Graduates. One is a Iowa Law school graduate. The beat goes on!

I don't believe Kevin does a lot with Kum & Go anymore. Kyle is the CEO. Kevin moved to the Des Moines area a few years ago from the Quad Cities, and worked at K & G for awhile, but I'm not sure what he is doing now. Huge Hawkeye fans. They also have a sister, Kate, who lives in Chicago.

Dude this thread title is about donations when it should be titled something to the effect of great hawkeye supporter passes on. Maybe splitting hairs here but the death of a hawk is the story

Dude this thread title is about donations when it should be titled something to the effect of great hawkeye supporter passes on. Maybe splitting hairs here but the death of a hawk is the story

I'm not going to argue with you. Unfortunately I never knew Bill Krause outside of the fact that he made a massive amount of donations to both the athletic department and the university in general. That is why I named it as is.

Latest posts