Iowa at Penn State

yeah pretty disappointed in Evans' effort. I guess everyone is entitled to a bad day, it just appears the entire team is going through it. At least Iowa should still win so that makes it easier to swallow.

Wasn't pretty and Iowa probably wrestled their worst meet of the year, but at least they pulled it out

Watched matches 6 and 7. Meh. Uninspiring. Non-aggressive. Brands didn't look impressed either.

Evans no longer undefeated;
Burak came close to being majored;
half of Penn State's team point total (6 of 12) came in matches that were won within the last few seconds, matches Iowa should not have lost. Had Clark not been put on his back in a last second takedown, I wonder how momentum played into things and if some of the matches after that would have changed.

That was a terrible outing for a W. Everybody included. It's like there was some really bad illness/attitude at every weight. I felt bad to get the win.

That was a terrible outing for a W. Everybody included. It's like there was some really bad illness/attitude at every weight. I felt bad to get the win.

Penn State came into Iowa city a couple seasons ago, ranked #1 and left with a loss. They went on to cruise to the NCAA title. #1 Iowa went into Penn State and won. Not impressively, but they won. Take a couple late "brain fart" finishes away and Iowa wins that dual 24-6.

Almost 16,000 in the seats there for the biggest meet of the year. Iowa still came away with a win. Kiss it, Cael.

Penn State came into Iowa city a couple seasons ago, ranked #1 and left with a loss. They went on to cruise to the NCAA title. #1 Iowa went into Penn State and won. Not impressively, but they won. Take a couple late "brain fart" finishes away and Iowa wins that dual 24-6.

Almost 16,000 in the seats there for the biggest meet of the year. Iowa still came away with a win. Kiss it, Cael.
True. Way to put it In perspective.

Iowa still beat pedo state 18-12 despite all that garbage. Pedo State got lucky to be that close. This shows that Iowa is the best even on their worst day.

Good to get the win but definitely an uninspiring performance by some of the Hawks. Have no idea what was wrong with Mike Evans but usually nobody rides him for a full two minutes. On the flip side he was only able to ride Brown for 4 seconds. Nick Moore seems to be mentally out of it or has an injury that we are not aware of. Going to be tough for the Hawks to win NCAAs without Moore scoring significant points for the Hawks. Just glad that Gilman was able to hold onto a victory but was very disappointed in his 3 period effort. McIntosh made it look way to easy in dominating win over Burak.
Still think the Hawks can win Nationals but most likely it will be an incredibly close team race. Wouldn't shock me at all if the Hawks are eliminated at 141, 157, and 165 by then end of the second/third round at Nationals. Still hopeful Grothus can successfully make the cut to 141 in the next few weeks and then beat out Jeva for the starting spot.

Good to get the win but definitely an uninspiring performance by some of the Hawks. Have no idea what was wrong with Mike Evans but usually nobody rides him for a full two minutes. On the flip side he was only able to ride Brown for 4 seconds. Nick Moore seems to be mentally out of it or has an injury that we are not aware of. Going to be tough for the Hawks to win NCAAs without Moore scoring significant points for the Hawks. Just glad that Gilman was able to hold onto a victory but was very disappointed in his 3 period effort. McIntosh made it look way to easy in dominating win over Burak.
Still think the Hawks can win Nationals but most likely it will be an incredibly close team race. Wouldn't shock me at all if the Hawks are eliminated at 141, 157, and 165 by then end of the second/third round at Nationals. Still hopeful Grothus can successfully make the cut to 141 in the next few weeks and then beat out Jeva for the starting spot.

Would be great to see Grothus step in. I think he learned a lot last year.

True.

Just build to a peak in March, please.

Latest posts