Iowa as a Home Dog in the Ferentz Era

hawkfaninTX

Iowa as an underdog at home has only happened three times since '07 we have won each of those games outright:

'07 Iowa vs Illinois 10-6
'07 Iowa vs MSU 34-27
'08 Iowa vs PSU 24-23

Since 2000, Ferentz and Iowa has been underdogs in only 10 of 73 Home Games. We were 6-4 Straight Up, and 7-3 ATS (against the spread) in these games. and went OVER in the total in 4 of the last 5 games as a home Underdog. The Home/Away Total ppg averaged in these games: Iowa 20.1, Visitor 21.9. pretty friggin close!

The Last time we met tOSU in Iowa City, Game Day was there. We were (+6.5) underdogs; the game ended in a route that f-cked the rest of the season and effected the next 2 years of play (we went 2-7 after that game & 13-17 over the next 30 games until we upset PSU in '08). Are we at a precipice of another Iowa letdown with so many seniors leaving, or are we starting a new age and put the throttle down on Saturday to accelerate the program down a new road toward consistent top 15 finishes(we went 22-5 since that PSU upset)? Saturday has outward ripple effects that we cannot even see yet. We need every player & fan present to bring it! This game will prove to be the turning point or stepping stone to the next level.

'06 tOSU team is better than '10 tOSU & '10 Iowa is better than '06 Iowa. This is ours for the taking. I like our chances.

Last edited:
** Forgot to add that if you take away the 3-9 '00 season. we have only been underdogs 6 times from '01 through today (67 games). and here they are:

'03 Iowa vs Michigan W
'06 Iowa vs tOSU L
'06 Iowa vs Wisconsin L
'07 Iowa vs Illinois W
'07 Iowa vs MSU W
'08 Iowa vs Michigan W

crazy...

I think it could get ugly Saturday. OSU is playing their best football; Iowa not so good and OSU ALWAYS plays their best game of the year against Iowa. They typically can put their second team on the field and most of them will look like all americans against Iowa and Iowa typically looks like they have never played football before.

I have only seen Iowa beat OSU a handful of times in my lifetime and I am 61 but who knows maybe Saturday will be number six or whatever number it is. How many times has KF beaten OSU--once?

I think it could get ugly Saturday. OSU is playing their best football; Iowa not so good and OSU ALWAYS plays their best game of the year against Iowa. They typically can put their second team on the field and most of them will look like all americans against Iowa and Iowa typically looks like they have never played football before.

I have only seen Iowa beat OSU a handful of times in my lifetime and I am 61 but who knows maybe Saturday will be number six or whatever number it is. How many times has KF beaten OSU--once?

yes, only once. Besides the win in '04, In '03 we lost by only 9 in columbus (19-10)

WHAT????? OSU is down and not anything like they are in most seasons. Give me a break...our games will boil down to can we out execute the other team with our scheme.

Latest posts