Iowa Adds Troy to '24 Schedule, Adjusts '23 Dates

Yes...adding Troy was a big mistake. They beat Nebraska two years ago in Lincoln, and they did so with the Great Scott Frost as Nebraska's coach. Come on, put your 1997 thinking caps on, Nebraska losing doesn't happen very often. Only 15 times has that occurred over the last 2 years. Very, very rare.

Last edited:
Come game time I'm sure there will be some worriers. The Sun Belt is like the MAC and gets better across the board every year. They will have some good skill position players. They will come to play.

Stupid decision playing Utah State. No win situation against Gary Anderson who is 2-0 inside Kinnick.
The following teams Gary has played on the road since going to USU......@ Wash @ LSU @ Mich St @ Wisc and @ USC.............pretty sure Kinnick wont seem like much of a venue at this point.

Lots of things can happen in teh upcoming year especially with the transfer portal situations going on all over college sports. I wouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. Unfortunately I have seen Iowa get upset by teams they were supposedly supposed to beat for the past 35 years.

One game at a atime

Troy strikes me very much like NDSU, bad choice to fill out the schedule. They have a history of upsetting P5 teams and beating them gives you no bump. It's a lose-lose.

Bad choice.
One possible positive: More Alabama high school football players decide to watch the game.

2024 could be the easiest schedule ever assembled for Iowa. 2015 Iowa had to play ISU, Wisconsin, and a Nebraska team who still had a heartbeat all on the road. Also played a pretty decent Pitt team.

Its a long ways away. But man, expectation could be high that year.
There's still a chance that Frost turns things around. No reason to think that the boat-rowers will not be strong. By then, we may be saying that it is one of the toughest season endings Iowa has faced in quite a while.

Latest posts