Iowa acts like they are the only program to ever install a new off..BHGP good read

Re: Iowa acts like they are the only program to ever install a new off..BHGP good rea

My favorite part:

* -- The only non-freshman quarterback in FBS football to start every game and have a worse efficiency rating, ironically, is SMU's Garrett Gilbert, whose horrendous play with Texas in 2010 got Greg Davis fired.

Re: Iowa acts like they are the only program to ever install a new off..BHGP good rea

That was perfect.

This is Iowa football in it's current state:mad::

"Iowa's offense is, quite literally, stretch runs to the left side of the line and a flea flicker. It is slow in development, slow in execution, slow in every possible way. It is inept. It is incompetent. It is a bumbling, incoherent, comical shambles completely lacking in any organization or strategic thinking."

This is Iowa football in it's current state:mad::

"Iowa's offense is, quite literally, stretch runs to the left side of the line and a flea flicker. It is slow in development, slow in execution, slow in every possible way. It is inept. It is incompetent. It is a bumbling, incoherent, comical shambles completely lacking in any organization or strategic thinking."

It's sad, really. But comfort breeds complacency. And how comfortable would it be as a head coach to know that, even if I fail, I'm going to get a $30M buyout. Or as an assistant, knowing that Kirk has never outright fired anyone in 14 years as a head coach at Iowa. I swear, Iowa is the only school that's never fired an assistant or coordinator in the last 14 years. That would be a pretty good level of comfort. So now, this is the end result. Complete complacency. A head coach in fear for his job would have started the backup by now given JVB's horrendous season thus far. A head coach in fear of his job wouldn't have hired a washed up OC with no innovation. We've had this coming for awhile now. The chickens have finally come home to roost.

If you look up the word "Owned" in the dictionary it probably wouldn't have a picture next to it because it's a dictionary and not an encyclopedia. However, the online version of the dictionary should have a link to this article next to the word "owned".

Good lord that article makes me want to scream obscenities at an obese hobo.

It's sad, really. But comfort breeds complacency. And how comfortable would it be as a head coach to know that, even if I fail, I'm going to get a $30M buyout. Or as an assistant, knowing that Kirk has never outright fired anyone in 14 years as a head coach at Iowa. I swear, Iowa is the only school that's never fired an assistant or coordinator in the last 14 years. That would be a pretty good level of comfort. So now, this is the end result. Complete complacency. A head coach in fear for his job would have started the backup by now given JVB's horrendous season thus far. A head coach in fear of his job wouldn't have hired a washed up OC with no innovation. We've had this coming for awhile now. The chickens have finally come home to roost.

Don't get me wrong I share your frustration but the money argument is old, tired, and doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. If there is one think I know KF, the coaches and the players want to win irregardless if they are getting paid, what they are or aren't getting paid, etc.

As for not firing a coach, Rick K was pretty much told he wouldn't have a job after last year, sure KF didn't fire him but the result is the same.

As for the rest, only time will tell.

Tough to argue with it.

Don't get me wrong I share your frustration but the money argument is old, tired, and doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. If there is one think I know KF, the coaches and the players want to win irregardless if they are getting paid, what they are or aren't getting paid, etc.

As for not firing a coach, Rick K was pretty much told he wouldn't have a job after last year, sure KF didn't fire him but the result is the same.

As for the rest, only time will tell.

The real elephant in the room is that ******* contract extension to infinity. There is where the comfort comes from and yes a 30 mil buyout doesn't hurt either.

One of the best and most brutally honest articles I've read in regard to the football program in a very long time.

Get these guys some ******* press passes. :)

Davis needs to get the boot from this program. Make Brian Ferentz your OC. If the program isn't demonstrably better by 2014, the whole house gets cleaned out. It's the only way this can work out for Ferentz. He's in too deep otherwise to come out with a good legacy. And the offense needs some new ideas.

Gotta admit that was a damn good article. Couldn't have been more right on.

It's not quite to the level of the "Cyclone Mama" article...but it's damn close!!!

Iowa hired the Todd Lickliter of Offensive Cordinators.. hahahaha.... Great...

Why does everyone blame Davis? This problem starts with Ferentz and ends with Ferentz. He has the final say and if the Davis offense isn't working then he needs to tell him to change it and if he doesn't fire him.

Why does everyone blame Davis? This problem starts with Ferentz and ends with Ferentz. He has the final say and if the Davis offense isn't working then he needs to tell him to change it and if he doesn't fire him.

We didnt sniff top 50 in scoring offense under KOK and wont under GD. The one common denominator is KF. Ive officially given up hope of ever avg'ing over 30 ppg while he is head coach.

good article - but doesn't really say anything that I didn't know in a nutshell and that's that whatever edge our HC had 10 years ago is gone now.

But I'll be honest and say that even when kirk ferentz was the next big thing in coaching I can't say I ever liked his overly conservative philosophies or lack of innovation.

...and that's not saying I disagree with the idea of power running and play action passing - im fine with that. Its the game within the game that he refuses to play.

Latest posts