Iowa #8 on College Football Live

Icarus

ESPN's College Football Live released their preseason top 25 on today's show and they had Iowa at #8. They mentioned the Arizona game and that the rest of the tough games are at home. It was only about 15 seconds or so. Later they had a 3-4 minutes segment on Notre Dame, who wasn't even in their top 25. Overall there wasn't much of interest, but I know some people like to see the early rankings.

ESPN's College Football Live released their preseason top 25 on today's show and they had Iowa at #8. They mentioned the Arizona game and that the rest of the tough games are at home. It was only about 15 seconds or so. Later they had a 3-4 minutes segment on Notre Dame, who wasn't even in their top 25. Overall there wasn't much of interest, but I know some people like to see the early rankings.
All I care about is... is Dr. Spit still on the show?

The standard 21 minute show involves 6 minutes for Florida, 6 minutes for USC, 6 minutes for ND, and then 3 minutes for the other 116 teams.

The standard 21 minute show involves 6 minutes for Florida, 6 minutes for USC, 6 minutes for ND, and then 3 minutes for the other 116 teams.

No kidding. I'll take the wins, though. It's always fun when they have to stammer around to say something coherent about Iowa when they win 11 games.

Eight seems a bit too high for me; I would expect Iowa to open the season between 10 and 12.

I think #8 is about right. There aren't that many teams better than us. Breakdown by conference of teams that could be ahead of us:

Big 12: Oklahoma, Texas
Big East: I don't see anyone ahead of us there
SEC: Alabama, maybe Florida
Pac 10: Maybe Oregon. Without Masoli I have a hard time seeing it
ACC: Maybe Miami
Big 10: Ohio State

Plus Boise State, and probably TCU. So where I sit, The worst they would start is #10, the most optimistic would be #6. So the safe bet is that we will be ahead of Miami and Oregon, which would put us at #8.

thats O.K. by me. When the Hawks are 5-0 when Penn St. comes to Iowa City the talking heads will start to pay attention! I don't like to wish my spring & summer away but God I can't wait for football season!!! I may need a tranquillizer on 11/20/10! Bring on the Buckeyes!

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

thats O.K. by me. When the Hawks are 5-0 when Penn St. comes to Iowa City the talking heads will start to pay attention! I don't like to wish my spring & summer away but God I can't wait for football season!!! I may need a tranquillizer on 11/20/10! Bring on the Buckeyes!

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

The possibilities for that November afternoon have been swirling around my head as well. But, we have 10 games before that in which we need to take care of business. The trip to Tuscon could be tricky. We handled their offense last year, but Grigsby is back, and will be just as electric then as he was this year. Plus, Foles wasn't the QB when we played them. He got some time, but by the end of the year he had really put his mark on the offense. We definitely can't overlook them.

ISU will be a better team, IMO. Plus they have a tendency to bite us in the butt when we least expect it.

I feel very good about getting PSU, Wisky, MSU, and OSU at home next year, if for no other reason than I know I'll have tickets for all of them (student season tickets are a Godsend). But each of those games will be tough, and I feel especially nervous about the trip to Evanston. Anybody who thinks that one is a gimme hasn't watched Iowa-Northwestern games this decade.

The possibilities for that November afternoon have been swirling around my head as well. But, we have 10 games before that in which we need to take care of business. The trip to Tuscon could be tricky. We handled their offense last year, but Grigsby is back, and will be just as electric then as he was this year. Plus, Foles wasn't the QB when we played them. He got some time, but by the end of the year he had really put his mark on the offense. We definitely can't overlook them.

ISU will be a better team, IMO. Plus they have a tendency to bite us in the butt when we least expect it.

I feel very good about getting PSU, Wisky, MSU, and OSU at home next year, if for no other reason than I know I'll have tickets for all of them (student season tickets are a Godsend). But each of those games will be tough, and I feel especially nervous about the trip to Evanston. Anybody who thinks that one is a gimme hasn't watched Iowa-Northwestern games this decade.

I think Iowa beats the **** out of Northwestern this year, and there haven't been any Iowa/NW games this decade. :D

Not at Kinnick, Iowa is not losing to those clowns at Kinnick. If it was Jack Trice i would agree with you but other than 2002 Iowa beats the clowns in Kinnick stadium

Not at Kinnick, Iowa is not losing to those clowns at Kinnick. If it was Jack Trice i would agree with you but other than 2002 Iowa beats the clowns in Kinnick stadium

It's amazing that people still think that, when ISU has two wins against Iowa in the last seven games. If anything is true, it's that the series is reverting back to the norm.

It's amazing that people still think that, when ISU has two wins against Iowa in the last seven games. If anything is true, it's that the series is reverting back to the norm.

And those 2 wins were 2 out of the last 3 games played at Jack Trice in 2005 and 2007.

I think Iowa beats the **** out of Northwestern this year, and there haven't been any Iowa/NW games this decade. :D

Haha well when it comes to stuff like this, I define a decade as any span of 10 years, not necessarily the "Oughts". And in the last 10 years, they've given us plenty of problems.

please no more of this we can only preform when under the radar, lets live up to the hype.

please no more of this we can only preform when under the radar, lets live up to the hype.

I'm pretty confident of that. Ferentz learns from his mistakes. They made mistakes in preparation for the first Orange Bowl (team flew down at different times, etc.), and then they learned from them. And the result was one we were very pleased with.

This is the first time since the 2005-2006 collapses that we've had such high expectations. I would be willing to bet that Ferentz won't make the same mistakes again, and he won't let anyone else do it either.

Latest posts