Iowa 3.5 point underdog to PSU

Eh, on paper these are honestly two pretty evenly matched teams (maybe a slight edge toward Iowa), and we're on the road. Penn State seems to need this win more than we do (next week's is bigger, IMO, partly because NW is a division opponent and partly because they've had our number the past few years). We have a good offense and a lot of questions on D, they have a good defense and a lot of questions on O.

If nothing else, being an underdog is good fuel for the coaches to use to fire up the players.

I just think Iowa is better than PSU this year. I agree NW is a key game too and especially with Persa back, they are more dangerous.

Easy bet. Given the success Iowa has had against PSU and how their offense has struggled, I would expect Iowa to win by at least 7

Do I want Iowa to win, yes. Do I think Iowa will win, probably.

But with a young team on the road, Iowa is quite capable of losing this game, even losing badly, and to think otherwise is delusional.

The spread sounds about right.

I have a bad feeling about this game.

Last edited:
Wow.. this looks like EASY money. Take Iowa hard here.

Penn State scored only 3 total TDs vs Indiana and Temple.

No way should Iowa ever lose a game to a team with an offense this bad.

Do I want Iowa to win, yes. Do I think Iowa will win, probably.

But with a young team on the road, Iowa is quite capable of losing this game, even losing badly, and to think otherwise is delusional.

The spread sounds about right.

I have a bad feeling about this game.

I hear ya Billso...you must be a long time Hawk fan...so you KNOW...this is a game that we should win so therefore, you feel nervous because, feeling that way is never a good thing...you've had your heart ripped out a few times...I know....I feel your pain and it's all about trust...and you know...once you've been burned..you know your heart puts up these walls and you know....I'm trying to be George Constanza when he decides to do/think everything the opposite of what he wants...so I will be predicting we lose..so that we win. Does that make sense?

I'd take a piece of this....a big piece. IF not for the fact that:

1.KFz loves to lull his teams to sleep before games with he "steady eddie" approach

2.He may be subconciously misty about his "homeland" and regress, rolling up like an armadillo back into his typical offensive strategy (see 21st century JoPa) KILL...Kirk...KILL! for god sakes.

3. The fact that this team appears weak on upperclass leadership, which could lead to bad things coming into a traditionally tough venue like Happy Valley. (see point 1)

(man, this is too easy)

I hear ya Billso...you must be a long time Hawk fan...so you KNOW...this is a game that we should win so therefore, you feel nervous because, feeling that way is never a good thing...you've had your heart ripped out a few times...I know....I feel your pain and it's all about trust...and you know...once you've been burned..you know your heart puts up these walls and you know....I'm trying to be George Constanza when he decides to do/think everything the opposite of what he wants...so I will be predicting we lose..so that we win. Does that make sense?

Totally.

Iowa is 0-1 on the road this year. Vandy is 0-2 in games he has started on the road.
Beaver Stadium was just voted the loudest venue in college football.
PSU is thirsting to have Iowa's head a on a platter.
Iowa is going to be rusty coming off a week of inactivity.
Smells like a slow start,with PSU getting some badly needed confidence.
I have Iowa losing,but it will be close...like 20-17. So if you are really confident,go ahead and plunge your lifes savings ,they might cover,but probably lose the game. Of course it could also be 21-17 PSU...then you lose. Me? I will pray for a one point win for the Hawks and keep my money in the bank.

I agree with JHHawk...

I think Iowa needs to get off to a good start and put some points on the board quickly to try and get the crowd out of the game.

PSUs defense is a good defense...we will not be able to run against them yet we will try all game long, which will probably put Iowa into a lot of 3rd and longs.

If Iowa stays with the uptempo style we have a chance to put some points on the board.

PSU, at home and very hungry to beat Iowa, will put some points on the board. If Iowa gives PSU time to pass, their QB will get comfortable and that will be big trouble for Iowa. They will get at least 21 to 24. Can Iowa score more than 24 against their defense?

The one saving grace is that Iowa plays as well against PSU as it does bad against OSU.

Penn State defense seems legit, but they just don't score many points. If our offense gets it rolling, I don't see Penn State keeping up. Our running game needs to be established early. Norm always seem to have a way of confusing their qbs.

Spread is now Iowa +4 as the HEAVY early action coming in on Penn St. while it's being bet 50/50.

I like 4 a lot better than 3.5. This game is a toss up with maybe a slight lean to Iowa. Its a classic matchup of what appears to be a good offense vs. a good defense. We will see if Iowa can execute in a hostile environment. It sure would be nice if our offensive line showed up for the run game this week.

Latest posts