Iowa -3, 3.5

LasVegasHawk

Looks like we will open in -3.5 range. I would lay the points. Hawks hit their free throws and cover easily. Go hawks!

Have the bettors not learned how good Iowa is ATS?

I'll take Iowa and lay the points at this spread.....

Looks like we will open in -3.5 range. I would lay the points. Hawks hit their free throws and cover easily. Go hawks!
I think Vegas is covering their bets. The actual score will probably be IA covering that spread or IN squeaking out a win, probably the former but you never can tell for sure with road games.

This is outrageously low....
Take Iowa big...

I dunno man. This is one of those games that I think Hawk fans should just stay away from. We all think they are going to come out with intensity and put them away. However, Indiana has knocked off some damn good teams at Assembly Hall this year. It might be wise to stay away from this one and just enjoy watching it.

If I was going to place a wager I'd probably tease Iowa with Texas in order to get a few more points.

Last edited:
I dunno man. This is one of those games that I think Hawk fans should just stay away from. We all think they are going to come out with intensity and put them away. However, Indiana has knocked off some damn good teams at Assembly Hall this year, and the Hawks haven't played a game in a week. For a team that can struggle to get into a shooting rhythm having a week off isn't always a good thing. it might be wise to stay away from this one and just enjoy watching it.

If I was going to place a wager I'd probably tease Iowa with Texas in order to get a few more points.

We just played a game 3 days ago.

With that said I know better than to feel overconfident enough to bet "big".

We just played a game 3 days ago.

With that said I know better than to feel overconfident enough to bet "big".

Duh my bad. Completely forgot about that Penn State game. I was in Kansas City for the weekend for work. Didn't have time to watch anything.

I still feel like this is a dangerous one. However, the Hawks have the ability to beat them by 10+. I can certainly see why one would be confident.

Awesome. I hope bettors adopt your spread death spiral and Iowa is favored by infinity in all of their games.

We are not trending well on Tuesday night ESPN games, and those were at home. And the sharps always love the home underdogs in the Big Ten. This will be a close one. We win but dont cover. Iowa 72 IU 70

We are not trending well on Tuesday night ESPN games, and those were at home. And the sharps always love the home underdogs in the Big Ten. This will be a close one. We win but dont cover. Iowa 72 IU 70

The home team won the first 5 B1G Tuesday night games. The visitors have won the last 4. It should be 5 in a row by the visitors tonight. We were also playing those early games. I'm thinking the 6:00 start was the problem and 8:00 will work out much better for us.

Still feel that Indiana is going to play great the first 35 minutes, but Iowa somehow wins the game.
Purdue was shooting great and Indiana showed little effort.

With Dick Vitale in the house, the Hoosiers will be up for this game, and, of course, Vitale will have barely got his eye in the Iowa Media Guide, and will constantly talk about Assembly Hall, Robert Montgomery Knight, etc.

It seems like every Iowa-Indiana game at Bloomington is high scoring, so I see an over on the 145 points.

They are just enough Jekyl to win and Hawks are just enough Hyde to lose; vice versa, as well. Fans and pundits are sticking a fork in Hoosiers. Meanwhile Sagarin says Hawks should be favored by 6.5 - 7, yet, Vegas is hedging at 3.5 - 4, despite the perceived trend of both teams?

Would never touch this with money and don't like it as a Hawk fan. It's either Iowa by double-digits or Hoosiers by 3.

Something tells me it's the latter, Indy 71-68.:mad:

The home team won the first 5 B1G Tuesday night games. The visitors have won the last 4. It should be 5 in a row by the visitors tonight. We were also playing those early games. I'm thinking the 6:00 start was the problem and 8:00 will work out much better for us.

It always intrigues me when people point to things like this as a reason to bet one side or the other.

First of all, if the home team won the first five Tuesday games, and the visitors have won the past 4 doesn't that pretty much make tonight a crapshoot if you're using that the terms for which side to wager on? To me it pretty much tells me it's a stupid statistical category to digest.

Second of all, pardon my language but what in the hell is the difference between starting a game at 6:00 and starting a game at 8:00?

I realize people break things like this down and try to find some sort of common trend to follow, but in reality I think you are just chasing something that's impossible to find. In my opinion, the game is about match-ups and momentum swings. Teams get on hot streaks and teams get on cold streaks. Of course if I'm going to place a wager I look at all sorts of information before I make a decision, but I just don't understand using something as trivial as the start time of the game to determine which side I'm going to back.

Personally, I've found the most success by looking for value on teams that are riding hot streaks. I've cashed in quite well on UNC's latest win streak.

It always intrigues me when people point to things like this as a reason to bet one side or the other.

First of all, if the home team won the first five Tuesday games, and the visitors have won the past 4 doesn't that pretty much make tonight a crapshoot if you're using that the terms for which side to wager on? To me it pretty much tells me it's a stupid statistical category to digest.

Second of all, pardon my language but what in the hell is the difference between starting a game at 6:00 and starting a game at 8:00?

I realize people break things like this down and try to find some sort of common trend to follow, but in reality I think you are just chasing something that's impossible to find. In my opinion, the game is about match-ups and momentum swings. Teams get on hot streaks and teams get on cold streaks. Of course if I'm going to place a wager I look at all sorts of information before I make a decision, but I just don't understand using something as trivial as the start time of the game to determine which side I'm going to back.

Personally, I've found the most success by looking for value on teams that are riding hot streaks. I've cashed in quite well on UNC's latest win streak.

What in the world are you talking about? Use this as a reason to bet the game? Where did I say to bet the game based on this or anything else? I was throwing out some random data with no real meaning...FOR FUN. Get a clue. You didn't even know Iowa had a game this past weekend so you probably should just stick with North Carolina and the ACC.

Latest posts