Iowa #12 in Coaches Poll

Looks like they will be playing for the Big Championship

And the College Playoffs

How Sweet it would be to flush their hopes away

Pressure is really on them now

So Bama has a moribund game against a slightly above avg Auburn team while Mich throttles #2 OSU yet Bama is now #2. Well they just wanted a #1 vs #2 SEC game for show and ratings. Either Bama or Georgia will fall a bit Saturday and if it is bama that loses they should be OUT OUT OUT, Go Bulldogs

4 of the teams ahead of us don’t play another game so I think we’re 0% for the CFP.

I don't get why people keep suggesting this, the second Auburn blew that game against Alabama it eliminated any thoughts of a team like Iowa (with 2 losses) getting into the CFP. Alabama will get in with 2 losses before teams like Oregon, Michigan (with Iowa upset), Ohio State, and Baylor. Iowa is too far down the pecking order.

Iowa's scenario is very simple if they win they are in the Rose Bowl, if they lose they are in the Citrus Bowl.

So Bama has a moribund game against a slightly above avg Auburn team while Mich throttles #2 OSU yet Bama is now #2. Well they just wanted a #1 vs #2 SEC game for show and ratings. Either Bama or Georgia will fall a bit Saturday and if it is bama that loses they should be OUT OUT OUT, Go Bulldogs
Will probably be #2 in the CFP rankings also. We know what they want to do. Bama loses closely to the Bulldogs and they only drop to 4.

Bama most likely in regardless cause there is nobody to move up past them. Michigan in with a win and out with a loss. OK State wins and takes Michigan place if Iowa wins. Cincy, GA, Bama, OKS/Mich winner.

Will probably be #2 in the CFP rankings also. We know what they want to do. Bama loses closely to the Bulldogs and they only drop to 4.

Bama most likely in regardless cause there is nobody to move up past them. Michigan in with a win and out with a loss. OK State wins and takes Michigan place if Iowa wins. Cincy, GA, Bama, OKS/Mich winner.
Plus no one wants to piss off the Red Elephant Club.

Interesting-reading the poll, and I know most of you could give 2 craps about this, but how did Notre Dame drop a spot after pasting USC? Yeah, I know, OKSU beat OK in a better match up, but if I am an ND fan, I am screaming conspiracy...........

Whatever.

I do know that no one in the entire USA outside of the state of Iowa wants to see the Hawkeyes upset Michigan. So let it happen!

Cincy, Norte dame, and Oklahoma state fans disagree with this statement
I stand corrected, except if Cincy wins out, they are in regardless. But if GA beats AL in sec championship i would think that would open the door for at least one of the other two

If Alabama and Cincinnati lose and Iowa wins, Georgia and Notre Dame are in the playoffs for sure. The list of teams fighting for the other 2 spots are the Big 12 winner, Pac 12 winner, Alabama, and Iowa. I don't think any other teams have a shot. Iowa would need to beat out two of those teams.

You could make an argument that it's dumb to put a 2 loss team who just lost to the 1 seed over a 2 loss team who just beat a top 4 team. I doubt the committee will care about that tho. But say they do see it that way, that's one team we jumped. I don't think there's any way we jump the Big 12 winner so it would have to be the Pac 12 winner. If it comes down to Iowa and Utah for the final spot, and our victory over Michigan is fresh on the committee's mind, I could definitely see us getting in over them. Even tho I think the odds are next to zero of getting in, I'll be rooting for those teams to lose to make the selection exciting.