Iowa #11 in coaches poll

Dude, we couldn't score or stop a 3-2 Purdue because they were too strong and fast for Iowa to handle. There was nothing Iowa could have done to prevent that, just like there was nothing Iowa could do to beat McCaffery in the Rose Bowl.

It was, frankly, sickening. I can stand losing to OSU or Michigan that way. It would make sense. But to be completely blown away at home because of a talent difference to Purdue?!?! F that. They hawks are in trouble.
Your assumption that Purdue is more talented than Iowa does not compute. Look at the big picture, not one game. You know better than that.

Your assumption that Purdue is more talented than Iowa does not compute. Look at the big picture, not one game. You know better than that.
*At three positions.

Their DEnd, and WRs were bigger, faster and stronger that the players opposite of them. Clearly so. And their qbs were all better than Petras.

It hasn't been one game. That game was exactly like Iowa State except Iowa couldn't punch it in the endzone, and Iowa State didn't have Bell.

*At three positions.

Their DEnd, and WRs were bigger, faster and stronger that the players opposite of them. Clearly so. And their qbs were all better than Petras.

It hasn't been one game. That game was exactly like Iowa State except Iowa couldn't punch it in the endzone, and Iowa State didn't have Bell.
Certainly Purdue won in the trenches both sides of the ball. When you have a David Bell running routes and DB's 5 yards off him and give a D1 quarterback all day long to throw, you are going to look bad. Next week should shed some light on how good Purdue's O line is. If they can keep Wisconsin off the QB and he proceeds to pick them apart some credit has to be given to Purdue's line.

Dude, we couldn't score or stop a 3-2 Purdue because they were too strong and fast for Iowa to handle. There was nothing Iowa could have done to prevent that, just like there was nothing Iowa could do to beat McCaffery in the Rose Bowl.

It was, frankly, sickening. I can stand losing to OSU or Michigan that way. It would make sense. But to be completely blown away at home because of a talent difference to Purdue?!?! F that. They hawks are in trouble.
As mad as you are you should probably find a better team to root for.

I would say they deserved #2 considering the teams they beat and the teams that lost ahead of us. Whether Iowa was really the #2 in the country has proven to not be the case at this time (if they ever get back there this year).

I figured they would fall out of the Top 10......they still have an outside chance of getting back into the Top 4 if they win out and the BTT game. Probably unlikely, but it is still technically. there.
I agree, not likely but possible. Have to win out including the the big ten championship game AND bama has to loose to Georgia. There is no way a one loss Iowa plays in the playoff over a one loss bama.

I expect Ohio State to win out over in the East and likely be third ranked when the play the West champ. Let’s say per chance Iowa wins out and goes against second or third ranked Ohio State, by that time Iowa could sniffing at number 6 or 7 again. If a one loss Iowa goes up against a top three ranked Ohio State then they should easily jump a two loss bama. I also expect Oklahoma to lose. What is concerning is cincy’s weak remaining schedule.

It’s a unlikely scenario but there is an outside chance.

Wait a Minute

They lost to Purdue.....?

Lol. Thanks duke. I get it, I'm beating a dead horse. Just so pi$$Ed about the flying drum beaters.

Edit: also, haven't been this mad about Iowa football for years. Probably the Taxslayer bowl.

It's All Good

Even Dead Horses need attention and love

Activision with Call of duty | Beating A Dead Horse | Know Your Meme

Top 15 is where I had Iowa. Top ten if the offense would show improvement....I'm still waiting. This was the game I was most scared of and everything happened as I feared. Iowa was flat, crowd was good but not great, Purdue was ready. It's the Big Ten, that shit happens. Like posters have been saying, lots of time to move back up in the polls starting with Whisky. Kirk will have their attention this week.