Iowa #11 in coaches poll

I would say they deserved #2 considering the teams they beat and the teams that lost ahead of us. Whether Iowa was really the #2 in the country has proven to not be the case at this time (if they ever get back there this year).

I figured they would fall out of the Top 10......they still have an outside chance of getting back into the Top 4 if they win out and the BTT game. Probably unlikely, but it is still technically. there.

I would say they deserved #2 considering the teams they beat and the teams that lost ahead of us. Whether Iowa was really the #2 in the country has proven to not be the case at this time (if they ever get back there this year).

I figured they would fall out of the Top 10......they still have an outside chance of getting back into the Top 4 if they win out and the BTT game. Probably unlikely, but it is still technically. there.
Schedule was fraudulent. They were out talented by Purdue in all three phases. I think 15/20 would be about right.

Schedule was fraudulent. They were out talented by Purdue in all three phases. I think 15/20 would be about right.
I don't disagree....right now Iowa does not look like a Top 10 team.

Yearly Average (what is feels like it is shaping up to be)

Yearly Average When at best
Offense=D+ (to high a of a C)
Defense=B (to high of a A+)
Special teams=A- (to high of an A+)
Overall Coaching=C- (to high of a B)

Yesterday Grades
Offense F
Defense C-
Special team B+
Overall Coaching D

What does this all mean to me? Iowa has a good defense and good special teams. The extraordinary play of both of these units perhaps are going back to the mean (from an out of this world defense to a good defense that does have some weaknesses).

Iowa has a bad overall offense. I think some of its parts are greater than its whole.

Special teams has been the most consistent unit outside of the missed field goal and laughable one in the Clowns game.

A good defense can only do so much. Special teams can give you a play or two or three, but you have to do something with it. 24 points was still good enough to win this game. The problem is Iowa only came up with 7 points in 5 red zone trips. The gifts the specials teams gave them (the offense) in kickoff and punt returns they did nothing with it.

Yet again, our coaching is suspect in making the adjustments needed to sustain Blue Blood level play.

In conclusion, the main problem of this team is the offense. 7 points will not cut it, even against the Purdues of the world.

The goal of these teams is winning games and titles like division, conference, and Natty title. The hawks I am sure just want to regroup and win games.

Yesterday Grades
Offense F
Defense C-
Special team B+
Overall Coaching D

What does this all mean to me? Iowa has a good defense and good special teams. The extraordinary play of both of these units perhaps are going back to the mean (from an out of this world defense to a good defense that does have some weaknesses).

Iowa has a bad overall offense. I think some of its parts are greater than its whole.

Special teams has been the most consistent unit outside of the missed field goal and laughable one in the Clowns game.

A good defense can only do so much. Special teams can give you a play or two or three, but you have to do something with it. 24 points was still good enough to win this game. The problem is Iowa only came up with 7 points in 5 red zone trips. The gifts the specials teams gave them (the offense) in kickoff and punt returns they did nothing with it.

Yet again, our coaching is suspect in making the adjustments needed to sustain Blue Blood level play.

In conclusion, the main problem of this team is the offense. 7 points will not cut it, even against the Purdues of the world.
Iowa’s defense was bad yesterday. It’s been good to great every other game but yesterday it deserved an F.

Iowa’s defense was bad yesterday. It’s been good to great every other game but yesterday it deserved an F.
I struggle to give them an F because 24 points I think it still good enough to win. But I wouldn't put a big stink about it either giving them an F. The defense looked downright terrible at times.

I struggle to give them an F because 24 points I think it still good enough to win. But I wouldn't put a big stink about it either giving them an F. The defense looked downright terrible at times.
It’s not the 24 points as much as not being able to get stops. What was it? 460 yards of offense for Purdue? No pressure on the qb. Bell getting open whenever he wanted. Purdue having the ball for what seemed like the entire second half. The offense has been subpar all year but for the first time the defense didn’t give us a chance despite the offensive ineptitude. Throw in Shudaks missed field goal and the recipe for disaster is pretty much complete. Props to the return teams for trying to give us a chance.

Over rated. This is just the writers and coaches saving face. I hope i am proven wrong. I still hope for a Jan 1 bowl, but yesterday was just a terrible showing.

Yesterday Grades
Offense F
Defense C-
Special team B+
Overall Coaching D

The coaching should also get an F. Or at best an F+ and that's only because some returns on special teams were very well done.

I believe it was Linderbaum after the game said something to the effect, Purdue was more ready to play than we were.

That's a PC way of saying we were outcoached and outplayed the entire game.

Watch the tape, learn from it, then flush it down the toilet and get over it. Get ready to play in two weeks.

Justifiably punished.
We beat Penn State. Michigan and Michigan St, due to their schedules, are just as suspect as Iowa as to ranking. The loss to Purdue should have consequences, but I wonder if a loss to Purdue should drop us from 2 to 11. Yes. I was at the game and we looked horrible on O and pedestrian on D.

WTFUCK

Penn State gets the living shite kicked out of them by the Hawks

Has a week off and advances in the poll

The 2021 Coaches Poll by USA TODAY has the Hawks at #10 and Penn State
going up a place to #7

I like the Number Ten Slot for the Hawks

At least the TOP TEN

We beat Penn State. Michigan and Michigan St, due to their schedules, are just as suspect as Iowa as to ranking. The loss to Purdue should have consequences, but I wonder if a loss to Purdue should drop us from 2 to 11. Yes. I was at the game and we looked horrible on O and pedestrian on D.
I was at the game as well. I actually thought they may have even put us at 12-13.

I'm ok with 11, would not have complained even with 10. The good news is if Iowa can get its shit together they will be back into the top 10 in no time. I agree.....the Michigan Schools are going to start playing each other and Penn St and Ohio St. Iowa can get back into the thick of things in the Top 10 if they can take care of business.

Oklahoma I still say is suspect. Oregon is suspect. Oklahoma St could go down at some point.

Cinncy could run their schedule...so soft. Georgia and Alabama will likely be in the playoff....the powers that be will make that happen.

I think that leaves the Big Ten Champion as the #4 when it is all said and done.

Most likely, if Iowa runs the table I think they will get Ohio St in the title game. Winner of that in the playoffs.....assuming both Ohio St and Iowa run the table from here on out......or if Michigan, Penn St, or Michigan St won out and was the East opponent.

Last edited:
WTFUCK

going up a place to #7

At least the TOP TEN

Kind of confused Duke....the USA today here has Iowa 11.

I wonder which is the correct number...10 or 11?

Kind of confused Duke....the USA today here has Iowa 11.

I wonder which is the correct number...10 or 11?

Evil MFers

Note that below is NOT the actual 2021 Week 7 Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY – it’s our prediction and projection of what it might be.

2021 Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Prediction: Week 7​

10. Iowa Hawkeyes 6-1 (2)​

9. Oklahoma State Cowboys 6-0 (12)​

8. Michigan State Spartans 7-0 (9)​

7. Penn State Nittany Lions 5-1 (8)​

6. Michigan Wolverines 6-0 (7)​

Week 7 CFN College Football Rankings 1-130

5. Ohio State Buckeyes 5-1 (6)​

4. Alabama Crimson Tide 6-1 (5)​

3. Cincinnati Bearcats 6-0 (4)​

2. Oklahoma Sooners 7-0 (3)​

1. Georgia Bulldogs 7-0 (1)​

And they have Oregon at # 11

I like their prediction better than the actual official USA TODAY Poll

WTFUCK

going up a place to #7

At least the TOP TEN

Did not know that when I posted

WTFUCK

going up a place to #7

At least the TOP TEN

Dude, we couldn't score or stop a 3-2 Purdue because they were too strong and fast for Iowa to handle. There was nothing Iowa could have done to prevent that, just like there was nothing Iowa could do to beat McCaffery in the Rose Bowl.

It was, frankly, sickening. I can stand losing to OSU or Michigan that way. It would make sense. But to be completely blown away at home because of a talent difference to Purdue?!?! F that. They hawks are in trouble.