Iowa +1.5

At least we can play the underdog card again! Its been awhile

This isn't meant to be a negative against the hawks, but guess I'd have to bet the farm on Michigan and lay the 1 1/2. First, Michigan is really good. Second, we know how hard it is to win on the road in conference. Third, Michigan can at least temporarily get off 'the bubble' and into the actual brackets of the NCAA's. Fourth, senior day. Fifth, Iowa has to be just a little down in losing the last chance at a title tie last game. Sixth, (this one's the hardest to say), we just haven't beaten anybody since what seems like New Years day. :( Everything points against us and for Michigan in this one. I do not look for a good performance by the Hawks today. It all adds up to a pretty sour outcome imo.

Last edited:
This isn't meant to be a negative against the hawks, but guess I'd have to bet the farm on Michigan and lay the 1 1/2. First, Michigan is really good. Second, we know how hard it is to win on the road in conference. Third, Michigan can at least temporarily get off 'the bubble' and into the actual brackets of the NCAA's. Fourth, senior day. Fifth, Iowa has to be just a little down in losing the last chance at a title tie last game. Sixth, (this one's the hardest to say), we just haven't beaten anybody since what seems like New Years day. :( Everything points against us and for Michigan in this one. I do not look for a good performance by the Hawks today. It all adds up to a pretty sour outcome imo.

This thinking is the exact reason why I don't gamble on games anymore. You can find 10 perfect reasons why a team should win a game and then it usually ends the exact opposite way. It's actually a good thing for Iowa to be in this situation. The pressure of the conference title is off. Now they can focus on one last hoorah as members of this University. I imagine we haven't seen the last of these guys yet. They've been around too long to just have it end in miserable fashion.

Hawks cover and win 81-77.

I don't see Iowa losing this one. I will be surprised if it's closer than 8 points.

Last edited:
I bet iowa. But very little money. I bet on 15 games tonight and won 8 so it was a wash. Vegas always wins

I won't be taking you to Vegas anytime soon... :rolleyes: