Internet Explorer Issues

okeefe4prez

JD - sorry I haven't been posting much anymore, but I run some version of IE at work and the thing seriously crashes every time I try to load a page now. Have you made any recent changes? I can't get the IT guys to let me put Chrome or Firefox on my machine - I run Firefox at home and it's all good, but man, your site hates IE with a passion. I've even tried rebooting.

I will ask the tech to peruse the site via IE...I think we may be able to do some things via iframe that could help.

I see the same thing using Internet Explorer. You can see the forum list and "whats new". But sometimes when you go to open a thread, the system does not function.

JD - sorry I haven't been posting much anymore, but I run some version of IE at work and the thing seriously crashes every time I try to load a page now. Have you made any recent changes? I can't get the IT guys to let me put Chrome or Firefox on my machine - I run Firefox at home and it's all good, but man, your site hates IE with a passion. I've even tried rebooting.

Teh question needs to be askt which client is getting billed $300/hour for you to crash your computer trying to view a sports message board?

Internet Explorer is horrible. Why won't they let you use chrome?

They claim it's an enterprise security issue, which I doubt. Basically, the machines are all locked down so no one can install anything on them other than what IT puts on them. I guess way too many people were putting crap on their computers that slowed the whole network down so they just locked everything down.

Issue seems better today. Checked out a few pages and still no crashes.

They claim it's an enterprise security issue, which I doubt. Basically, the machines are all locked down so no one can install anything on them other than what IT puts on them. I guess way too many people were putting crap on their computers that slowed the whole network down so they just locked everything down.

Issue seems better today. Checked out a few pages and still no crashes.

Sounds like it is time to find a new firm again. One that uses firefox AND doesn't skimp on the meal budgets forcing you to leave a terrible tip. Maybe you just can't have it all.

Most IT people I know use Chrome or FF. The only reason they require IE on the user machines, is because most companies rely on legacy applications that were written around the time when IE had 95% market share, so there was no reason to code for other browsers that didn't exist yet. And since Microsoft rarely follows the RFC requirements for, well, anything, apps coded specifically to work with IE many times won't work with other browsers that are RFC-compliant.

Have you tried using Firefox Portable running from a USB drive? I do this when I travel or on someone else's computer so I know I have a clean browser to work from. You'll have to create the portable version on a home machine that you have elevated privileges on (admin), but once you do that, you should be able to use it anywhere.

Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

How to Use Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition: 5 Steps - wikiHow

I actually limited myself to using IE last night and yesterday afternoon..the latest version...and did not have any crashes...do you know what version you are on?

I actually limited myself to using IE last night and yesterday afternoon..the latest version...and did not have any crashes...do you know what version you are on?

Looks like Version 8, brah. Don't worry about me, JD, I can try the old "I'm trying to get on a data room and the Java on my machine is so old it won't let me open files" trick and see if they'll let me switch to Chrome.

Latest posts